• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

alberto gonzales is new attorney general

linwood

Yep
He was a lawyer who represented Enron.
He wrote the memo Bush used for disregarding international and US anti torture laws for POW`s in gitmo and abu graib.
he`s also a part of the fight right now about the rights of prisoners in gitmo and elsewhere concerning their legal representation.
In other words he`s trying to keep them prisoner without access to legal denfesne.

He`s an a$$ and he very well might be worse than Ashcroft.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041110/D8694G201.html

I can`t believe we re-elected that cancer.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Just when I thought it was safe to come off the binge drunk I began election night, the administration has to nominate Gonzales. I can't afford to stay drunk for four years. What am I going to do?

maggie2

Sunstone,

Move to Canada for four years. My God, now it gets even worse than Ashcroft. That's disgusting.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I just read that some anti-abortion groups oppose Gonzales because he's not hardline enough for them in his opposition to abortion. Apparently, when he was a judge, he ruled according to Texas law on the abortion issue, rather than according to his own anti-abortion beliefs. That he wouldn't impose his own anti-abortion beliefs in his rulings has angered some anti-abortion groups.