• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alexey Navalny dies in Russian Prison, Vladimir Putin is responsible for it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Just to be clear, I don't know if Putin had Navalny killed. A lot of people are assuming he did, but the truth is we don't know that. It is very possible that he did. It is also possible that he simply died from ill health. He was poisoned (by Putin) in 2020, and had been in living in a Russian jail for the last three years, not a healthy place to live and not a place to get top notch health care. So it is possible that Putin did not have him killed. There really is no way to know. It doesn't matter, if not for Putin's despicable illegal actions in poisoning and imprisoning his political rival Nalvalny would be alive today.

And people hearing this story in America, pay attention. This is what happens when the President has absolute immunity.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And Trump already believes that he can
legally have political rivals assassinated.
Well his lawyers, not Trump who suggested that in a hypothetical scenario employing Seal team 6 in the argument of presidential immunity along with the support of other politicians hence not raising the ire of 35 Senators to insure said immunity.

The qualified "yes" in response to if a president can be prosecuted, came when Trumps lawyers stated to Judge Pan that criminal charges are possible if a president is first impeached and convicted before any criminal prosecution.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The qualified "yes" in response to if a president can be prosecuted, came when Trumps lawyers stated to Judge Pan that criminal charges are possible if a president is first impeached and convicted before any criminal prosecution.
Ok, think it through. The President had just had his political rival killed. Now what is to stop him (or her) from killing any Congressperson who opposes him? Or threatening their family?

Why do you think Putin has never been removed from office?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Reporting shows that there have been protests in Russia once the news was announced, which is a very brave thing for them to do. Arrests have been made.

I wonder if there have been threats against putin and he had to make a statement.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ok, think it through. The President had just had his political rival killed. Now what is to stop him (or her) from killing any Congressperson who opposes him? Or threatening their family?

Why do you think Putin has never been removed from office?
I did think about it , and it's clear it would require the full cooperation of 35 Senators.

Something a president cannot do on his own without that degree of support , unlike the structure of the Federation Council which is vastly different.

ajay0

My respects to this great Russian hero who like Boris Nemtsov, championed democracy and free speech, and attained martyrdom doing the same.

Hopefully, this will show that not all Russians are pro-Putin and there are potent opposition voices as well.

Generalizing all Russians as evil and tyrannical, as some are doing, is clearly infantile and short-sighted, and suggests propaganda and cleverly crafted narratives to manipulate the thought process of intended victims.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hopefully, this will show that not all Russians are pro-Putin and there are potent opposition voices as well.

Generalizing all Russians as evil and tyrannical, as some are doing, is clearly infantile and short-sighted, and suggests propaganda and cleverly crafted narratives to manipulate the thought process of intended victims.

I completely agree.

Navalny is a hero, and Putin is an imperialist tyrant.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I would suggest that 'this person' (how the tyrant referred to Navalny) is now used to refer to the **** that is *****. :eek:

JIMMY12345

Just to be clear, I don't know if Putin had Navalny killed. A lot of people are assuming he did, but the truth is we don't know that. It is very possible that he did. It is also possible that he simply died from ill health. He was poisoned (by Putin) in 2020, and had been in living in a Russian jail for the last three years, not a healthy place to live and not a place to get top notch health care. So it is possible that Putin did not have him killed. There really is no way to know. It doesn't matter, if not for Putin's despicable illegal actions in poisoning and imprisoning his political rival Nalvalny would be alive today.

And people hearing this story in America, pay attention. This is what happens when the President has absolute immunity.
Putin is in a difficult position.If he does not kill people.Others in the Kremlin GRU/FSB/Military take your pick.Will kill him.
They are all plotting and watching "et tu Brutus"?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Navalny was not apparently whiter than white as to his political beliefs - as to being what any in the West might see as such - but he was a legitimate opposition figure against an individual who has essentially become a tyrant in a supposed democracy. So he should get our support for such at least - even if many of us would never have voted for him if he ever stood in any of our elections.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Just to be clear, I don't know if Putin had Navalny killed. A lot of people are assuming he did, but the truth is we don't know that. It is very possible that he did.

Even IF (HUUUUUGE "if") his death was not direct murder, it remains 110% putin's / the kremlin's responsability since they shipped him to a prison in the arctic on phony charges to live in terrible conditions that lead to his death (again, assuming it wasn't just plain murder).

And it's not like they didn't already attempt to murder him before..............................

It is also possible that he simply died from ill health.

Again, and that ill health would be the result of the conditions of his imprisonment which was on phony charges.
If I take you and lock you up to rot away in some disgusting inhuman jail in the arctic and you then die as a result, I'm still responsible.
In a sense, it's even more cruel then simply putting a bullet in your head.
Or having you "fall" from a balcony like the other Putin critics.

He was poisoned (by Putin) in 2020, and had been in living in a Russian jail for the last three years, not a healthy place to live and not a place to get top notch health care. So it is possible that Putin did not have him killed. There really is no way to know. It doesn't matter, if not for Putin's despicable illegal actions in poisoning and imprisoning his political rival Nalvalny would be alive today.

Exactly. So I would say that it matters not if it was murder ordered by the kremlin or not, when it comes to who's responsible here.

Exactly. Elections in Russia in a couple of weeks. Literally ALL candidates opposing Putin have been liquidated OR forbidden to run for election.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I did think about it , and it's clear it would require the full cooperation of 35 Senators.

Something a president cannot do on his own without that degree of support , unlike the structure of the Federation Council which is vastly different.

I would not want to be one of those Senators, which is a good reason to not give a President sweeping immunities.