• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alice in Wonderland

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Who is egscited about it?
I know I am. I'm in love with Johnny Depp.
I'm also in love with Tim Burton.

I think this movie will be delicious. (especially if I go on free popcorn tuesday.)

alice.jpg

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I am excited about it! There have been no good movies lately and I am ready for this to make up for it. Yay!!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yeap I'm pretty excited about it, with a ridiculously impressive cast, and a story which is classic for Burton I think we might be served a nice dish of fine fantasy topped with acting to indulge ourselves in.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Seeing what Tim Burton did for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I have quite high hopes for this movie. One of the few movies I am actually willing to go to theaters for.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't get it.

Alice in Wonderland scares the hell out of me.

Mr Cheese

The problem I have is, this isnt a film of any of the books...

The plot is set after Alice has hit puberty, she's 19...
as such then, its not alice in wonderland, or thru the looking glass
Its Tim Burton rapes classic literature, reimagines it...spends buckets loads of cash...
and pretends it has nothing to do with anythign else....

Typical Hollywood really.
I'm sure I'd probably like it, but it still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

The stories of Alice, especially wonderland remind me much of the mysteries of course, journying intop the underworld...thus the red Queen would become the Goddess. Chess of course is a part of the mysteries...kind of..

I think Dodgeson was either a mason or just an occult dabbler of a kind.

I'm actually more interested in marilyn Manson's version of Alice in Wonderland.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I'm absolutely looking forward to it, on several levels.

First, it is being released in 3D. A friend of mine convinced me to go see Avatar in 3D, and I can only tell you that it is nothing like the 3D I grew up on. The new technology really adds depth to the movies now.

Second, I really like a lot of the actors in the cast (trivia - Crispin Glover's dad was in the movies also. He was one of the bad guys in the James Bond movie "Diamonds are Forever", among other things).

Third, when I was in college, I took a course on symbollic logic. It was in that course that I discovered that Charles Dodgson developed his own personal system of symbolic logic (not necessarily a good one).

Fourth, Tim Burton is directing.

Fifth - I just love going to the movies. 2 hours of escapism ... with popcorn.

Oh yeah - a good night at the movies.