• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Arbramic religions:

xander-

Why do you belive what you do? Does it have something to do with that your parents where of same religion? Something to do with where you live? Did you convert? Why?
Then my most important question(please answear this one): Do you try to convert other people, with different belifs, to your religion? If yes, why?
(Remember i put this up in a discussion forum, i do NOT wanna debate you guys).

-Xander

Melody

xander- said:
Why do you belive what you do? Does it have something to do with that your parents where of same religion? Something to do with where you live? Did you convert? Why?
Then my most important question(please answear this one): Do you try to convert other people, with different belifs, to your religion? If yes, why?

-Xander
I broke away from my mother's faith as a teenager. My father didn't have one. I spent most of my adult years trying other religions and then attempting to create my own with bits and pieces of other religions until the day I was driving down the street and heard a voice inside me asking why I was trying to create a new belief with new gods when He had already done so. Not believing in God was not an option since I've always felt His presence in my life....even when I was busy running from Him.

I do not prosletyze although if someone asks me about my faith, I am happy to talk with them. I'm also quite willing to discontinue a discussion by agreeing to disagree. That probably makes me a poor Christian by many religions' standards, but then I'm not trying to live by their rules.

Melody

Lintu

xander- said:
I believe what I do because it makes the most sense to me and helps me to maintain what I consider to be a healthy relationship with a higher power. My parents are not the same religion. Living where I do has helped, because the northeast has more Jews than I could have ever met in TX. People are also more open-minded about religion in general there. I have not yet converted but am thinking about it.
I do not try to convert people, but I do try to explain things about Judaism that people do not understand and I explain what I find good about it. Jews do not believe that a person must be Jewish to attain any sort of salvation.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I became a Christian, because I came to believe in the resurrection of Christ. What I believed after that came as a result of that. My upbringing was not exactly Christian.

Melody

t3gah said:
Explaining anything is kind of like proselyting.
Only if you don't know what proselytize means. Proselytize means to try to recruit or convert someone. You can give an explanation or have a discussion without trying to convert someone. Ok....*I* can. I can't speak for someone else.

Melody

jewscout

Religious Zionist
xander- said:

-Xander
I've always believed in a divine force in one form or another but christianity never really did it for me. When i came to be aware of Judaism and that you can actually convert i found it was a faith that i felt a closeness to. My mother is a spiritual person but not religious and really has no problem w/ me being jewish. I'm converting to judaism, mainly because i find that the faith and traditions give me a closer relationship with the divine.
No i don't try to convert people to Judaism, though i do try to explain what it's all about and answer any questions people might have about the faith. However i will say when i talk about everyone suddenly wants to be jewish:sarcastic