• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost a Quarter of Men in Parts of Asia Admit to Rape

FranklinMichaelV.3

I watched a documentry once called surrendered wives or something like that, and it featured a creepy relationship where is husband admitted to raping his wife but never called it rape. He said even when his wife doesn't want to have sex he will keep trying until she gives in, and he turns to her and says "you like it when I pursue you don't you?" And she says yes. Aarrrgghhhh

I've had women who I would pursue, they would say no, and I stop pursuit and later get asked "why didn't you just go for it?"

Better safe than sorry I say...but man is that ever frustrating.

But I think it has to do with that mentality beaten into women that they can't just be down for sex and the man has to be the pursuer.

I'm not risking it though.

Wherenextcolumbus

I don't know..but the whole scene sort of "O.K'd" marital rape..and even went so far as to "romantisize" it..

I guess I had a hard time jumping from that to Scarlette is a stockholm syndrome.Im not trying to be mean but she seems a little to arrogant and mean for that.Maybe its how they portrayed her.But she was definateley raped and seemed to be "happy " about it"...

Know what I mean?

I've had women who I would pursue, they would say no, and I stop pursuit and later get asked "why didn't you just go for it?"

But I think it has to do with that mentality beaten into women that they can't just be down for sex and the man has to be the pursuer.

Yeah exactly don't risk it!
It was was his way or the highway about everything he said if he asks his wife can we go to so and so restaurant and she says she doesn't feel like eating at that restaurant "we are going there anyway!" His words.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Right. You didn't go for it because they said no. It's that simple and clear.

It's a mentality that is beaten and accepted by many many people, it seems.

Exactly! I feel the same way! :yes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yeah exactly don't risk it!
It was was his way or the highway about everything he said if he asks his wife can we go to so and so restaurant and she says she doesn't feel like eating at that restaurant "we are going there anyway!" His words.

I tend to use the restaurant buffet analogy, that one is not only brought into a buffet to eat when he or she doesn't want to, but the date forces food down the date's throat and calls it a shared experience of an enjoyable meal.

And then the victim is blamed for putting himself or herself in that position in the first place by agreeing to go to the restaurant. It was "obvious" having food in the stomach was desired. [/sarcasm]

FranklinMichaelV.3

Right. You didn't go for it because they said no. It's that simple and clear.

It's a mentality that is beaten and accepted by many many people, it seems.

Exactly! I feel the same way! :yes:

At the risk of being a typical male

It is pretty frustrating though. Especially when you're younger. Because you really don't know where you stand. As I got older, I started living by the idea of focusing on the one that says yes and leaving alone the 99 that say no :D

But before that it was a frustrating experience, because no one likes an opportunity passing them by and a few of those women/girls would take it as "you not actually being interested them" which was far from the truth.

It's why I value open lines of communication. You want it, ask for it, and i'll tell you if I can give it or not. Not any of that coy 5th grade standing against the wall waiting to be asked to dance crap.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Understandable.

It must be frustrating, even infuriating to some women to feel that far as the opinions of many people go they can only choose to either be the supposedly falsely reluctant prize to be won or the whore to be enjoyed but not respected.

Both are unlikely and not too dignified roles, after all.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Understandable.

It must be frustrating, even infuriating to some women to feel that far as the opinions of many people go they can only choose to either be the supposedly falsely reluctant prize to be won or the whore to be enjoyed but not respected.

Both are unlikely and not too dignified roles, after all.

The way I view the solution.

Men need to stop giving it up so easy.

We given in at like the slightest possibility. No more. I'm just as much of a prize as you are

:beach:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You know, there is something to that.

Or there would be anyway, if I were wise enough.

Knight of Albion

This article breaks my heart...

Why do (some) men think it is 'only sex' and 'no big deal'? It is a big deal! And sentencing should reflect that.

I know two young women who were raped.

One was 14 raped by two men. It went to court, they got away with it...
Three suicide attempts, rushed to hospital each time. Luckily they managed to save her. The anguish she went through...

Another young woman early twenties, raped at a party. She developed agoraphobia as a result. Had no life. No career. Never married. Never had children.

'The evil that men do'...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Don't get me wrong Im not "condoning it" ..it the way its "portrayed"..

Scarollette "turning him out night after night" ..in love with Ashley? So "tonight is ONE night you aren't turning me out!" (you *****!)

Then the next day the birds are singing and she looks all happy???

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To be fair, it might be read as a matter of attention as opposed to rape. But I truly don't remember the context.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Men need to stop giving it up so easy.

Rhett (in my example) wasn't "giving anything up" he was the complete aggressor.

There is a difference in not instigating ..and not "giving it up".IOW if my husband is NOT trying to actively to have sex with me...at that moment he's not "not giving it up".Hes just being a person that has nothing to do with sex."Not giving it up" would be if I instigated and he turned me down..

IOW Rhett wasn't "giving anything up" ..he was pursuing what HE wanted...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
To be fair, it might be read as a matter of attention as opposed to rape. But I truly don't remember the context.

I do she screamed and hit him..and he dragged her up the stairs.After he said "tonight you will not turn me out".

Sorry that's rape in my book.

dust1n

Zindīq
Considering that Asia has about 4 BILLION people in it, and probably at least 2 billion of them are men, and that there are 48 countries in Asia, I would say that this sample of 10 thousand men is scientifically insignificant.

In other words:

Junk science to support an anti-male agenda.

Actually, in order to get a legitimate sample for a population of two billion with a 1% margin of error and a 95% confidence level, one would only need to get 9604 random samples. In order to get a 99% confidence level, one would only need 16588.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Actually I am going to have to dispute this given that it fails to address the sampling mechanism, only 6 countries were being surveyed, not 48, so generalizations to asia is unwise. On the other hand given that only 6 of those countries are being examined, with that sample size it is an extremely robust sample provided there were no methodological errors.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Rhett (in my example) wasn't "giving anything up" he was the complete aggressor.

There is a difference in not instigating ..and not "giving it up".IOW if my husband is NOT trying to actively to have sex with me...at that moment he's not "not giving it up".Hes just being a person that has nothing to do with sex."Not giving it up" would be if I instigated and he turned me down..

IOW Rhett wasn't "giving anything up" ..he was pursuing what HE wanted...

I was talking about the general male population, not Rhett. There's this idea that men are creatures who crave and need sex on such a regular basis that when they do act aggressively it's put aside as "that's just how men are" or in other cases men are approached as if they automatically always want it. I can say that if a woman (drunk or otherwise) came on to me, grabbing, pulling in for kisses all that stuff, the last thing in my mind would be "she's trying to rape me" and would probably be "I better make sure nothing happens so it doesn't look like I tried to rape her."