• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altars

Toxikmynd

Demir
So how bout we tell about our altars? I haven't set mine up yet. I'm getting around to it though. When I move into my own place I'm going to have a whole altar room.

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
I change mine seasonally. Imbolc was most recent, so here's a pic of my Imbolc altar.

004.JPG

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine changes slightly from time to time. I changed the cloth from burgundy to white. I like the white better, and I think the Gods do too. It seems more upbeat. Besides, white is a color associated with Thor (clouds). I've also re-positioned some of the items... the hammer is parallel to the seax, I added a small decorative tree (made of copper wire and an agate base) representing my ancestor's family tree, a tiny picture of my parents and a small box with my runes . Otherwise it's not much different than seen here.

Altar010515_zps38acd41f (1).jpg

Faybull

I am making one of unhewn stone in the backyard, that incorporates both equinoxes. Gonna place my dandelion weedlings on it.

Sees

Dragonslayer
White is the traditional color for the cloth, trust that intuition! :)

Mine changes slightly from time to time. I changed the cloth from burgundy to white. I like the white better, and I think the Gods do too. It seems more upbeat. Besides, white is a color associated with Thor (clouds). I've also re-positioned some of the items... the hammer is parallel to the seax, I added a small decorative tree (made of copper wire and an agate base) representing my ancestor's family tree, a tiny picture of my parents and a small box with my runes . Otherwise it's not much different than seen here.

View attachment 7969

Brinne

tumblr_njwi02HkS01ruhe4no1_400.jpg

This is my Kamidana. I haven't really been able to bring myself to do anything with it in a while; I disposed of last years Ofuda but haven't purchased a new one just because I feel like it'd be disrespectful to put up a new one and do nothing but let it sit. Anyways; its more or less a home shrine to Amaterasu the Goddess of the Sun and Inari the God/Goddess (genderfluid) of fertility, wealth and patron deity of foxes.

Toxikmynd

Demir
tumblr_njwi02HkS01ruhe4no1_400.jpg

This is my Kamidana. I haven't really been able to bring myself to do anything with it in a while; I disposed of last years Ofuda but haven't purchased a new one just because I feel like it'd be disrespectful to put up a new one and do nothing but let it sit. Anyways; its more or less a home shrine to Amaterasu the Goddess of the Sun and Inari the God/Goddess (genderfluid) of fertility, wealth and patron deity of foxes.

It is beautiful.

GoodbyeDave

It's nice to see so many traditions here — so many "my altar" pictures on the web are Wiccan.

I don't have a camera (yes, really!), but picture the top of a chest of draws with
- idols of the household gods (painted by me!) and framed picture(s) of the god(s) of the month
- flower vase; two candles and an incense burner; bowls for offering wine and fruit