• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amitabha mantra in Sanskrit?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Hi,

could somebody give me the grammatically correct version of the mantra "Amitabha Buddha Namah" in Sanskrit? Since "Om namo bhagavate Vasudevaya" has the words being in a declension, I suppose the same is required for the Amitabha mantra too.

Thanks.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
There is no such mantra, mostly it might be an injection........You cannot really compare these cheap made up mantras to Maha mantra like

Om namo bhagavate Vasudevaya

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Some compassionate soul sent me the following mantras:

oṃ namo amitābha buddhāya

oṃ namo amitābhāya

oṃ amitābha hrīḥ

Thanks.

:rose::cherryblossom::hibiscus:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The first two are correct. Can't say anything about the third, perhaps a tantric usage. Om Hreem Creem Phat, whatever. IMHO, these are sounds to which our stone-age ancestors danced around the fire along with beating of tree trunks, and considered holy even in this age. Simple, one who does not know 'Beeja mantras' cannot dance. Beeja mantras:

415xNxmaha-Lakshmi-bija-mantra.jpg.pagespeed.ic.x5SetsMirq.jpg
bijamantras.GIF

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=B...jLAhUDC44KHTvCCAUQsAQIMQ#imgrc=_59537UCpDKWcM:

Last edited:

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Another Sanskritist wrote:

namaste'mitābha buddha
namaste'mitābhabuddha

namo'mitābhabuddhāya
namo'mitābhāya buddhāya

and this too: ॐ अमिताभ ह्रीः / oṃ amitābha hrīḥ