• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An online Jewish community?

ssrt

Hi everyone! :D

I was looking up some information about Islam a few days ago, and I stumbled across a really cool forum for muslims (I think it was called IslamOnine... or something).

Anyways, I really liked it! It wasn't just a forum about Islam, it had all kinds of stuff: Technology, worldwide news, homework help, career advice, politics, general chit-chat, a section for non-muslims to ask question about Islam and heaps and heaps of other stuff.

So, my question is:
Would any of you guys be interested in having a forum similar to the one I just described, but as a "Jewish" forum?

I personally thought it would be really cool, almost like an international online Jewish community, but I'll see what some of you guys and gals think first :).

ssrt

AlanGurvey said:
Good idea! :) Although im horrible at webhosting :(

Well... I was thinking of hosting one on a free domain, and if we get enough members I'll start paying for a proper domain and host :).

I'd just like to see how many of you think it's a good idea before I go ahead and set it up. Also, do you think any of your Jewish friends (or even non-Jewish friends who are interested in Judaism) would be interested in something like this?

ssrt

UPDATE:

I started work on the forums last night, they should be ready within a few days.

Unfortunately I've only heard from one person. I'd really like to know if anyone else would be interested in a forum like the one I described.

It's main purpose would not be the Jewish religion (although that will obviously be a part of it). The main idea behind it is to get Jews from all over the world to discuss things other than our religion, and to get to know each other better :).

Still want to hear from you all, ssrt.

Deut 13:1

ssrt said:
Hi everyone! :D

I was looking up some information about Islam a few days ago, and I stumbled across a really cool forum for muslims (I think it was called IslamOnine... or something).

Anyways, I really liked it! It wasn't just a forum about Islam, it had all kinds of stuff: Technology, worldwide news, homework help, career advice, politics, general chit-chat, a section for non-muslims to ask question about Islam and heaps and heaps of other stuff.

So, my question is:
Would any of you guys be interested in having a forum similar to the one I just described, but as a "Jewish" forum?

I personally thought it would be really cool, almost like an international online Jewish community, but I'll see what some of you guys and gals think first :).
While it might be good in theory, I don't think anyone here, including myself is educated enough in Talmud to really discuss this as an authoritative source. Besides, if you check my stickied thread, you'll find plenty of links where you will find people much more educated then ourselves.

ssrt

Deut 13:1 said:
While it might be good in theory, I don't think anyone here, including myself is educated enough in Talmud to really discuss this as an authoritative source. Besides, if you check my stickied thread, you'll find plenty of links where you will find people much more educated then ourselves.

Deut 13:1 said:

To be perfectly honest with you, I can guarantee you that I am less educated than you about both the Torah and Talmud.

It is quite unfortunate really, but I'm hoping that perhaps this forum will help me learn.

As I said though, the primary purpose of the website will not be the Jewish religion, but rather promoting Jewish unity as a nation. I will, of course, try to get as many Jews as possible who are well-educated about the Jewish religion to visit the forums as well.

ssrt

Yet another... UPDATE: ;)

I've finished creating the forums. I will add the final touches today and post the website address tomorrow.

I could use all the help you guys can give me to get these forums off the ground.

Regards, ssrt.

Deut 13:1

ssrt said:
To be perfectly honest with you, I can guarantee you that I am less educated than you about both the Torah and Talmud.

It is quite unfortunate really, but I'm hoping that perhaps this forum will help me learn.

As I said though, the primary purpose of the website will not be the Jewish religion, but rather promoting Jewish unity as a nation. I will, of course, try to get as many Jews as possible who are well-educated about the Jewish religion to visit the forums as well.
Good luck with your adventure...

ssrt

The forums are finished.

Unfortunately I can't post URLs yet, so if you'd like the website address just PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.