• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An unconvincing case for Democrats voting for Trump

Joe Biden has said that he expects there to be violence if Donald Trump loses the presidential election. For that reason it is the duty of all Democrats to vote Republican in order to prevent such disorder.

Would I be right in assuming that nobody here, whether Democrat or Republican, finds this argument convincing?

If so, is there anyone here who finds the following arguments convincing?

Taxpayers should fund more leisure activities for young people because otherwise they will be to blame for crimes committed by young people.
Taxpayers should fund more rehabilitation programmes for drug and alcohol addicts because otherwise they will be to blame for crimes committed by people under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Joe Biden has said that he expects there to be violence if Donald Trump loses the presidential election. For that reason it is the duty of all Democrats to vote Republican in order to prevent such disorder.

Would I be right in assuming that nobody here, whether Democrat or Republican, finds this argument convincing?

Taxpayers should fund more leisure activities for young people because otherwise they will be to blame for crimes committed by young people.
Taxpayers should fund more rehabilitation programmes for drug and alcohol addicts because otherwise they will be to blame for crimes committed by people under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Definitely not convincing arguments for voting Trump. Having said that I have yet to hear any argument that would make me vote Trump.

Regarding taxpayers funding young people ... bring it on.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
There would have been violence had Hitler not been voted Chancellor, so I guess Germany made the right call voting him in, right? And absolutely nothing bad happened as a result.

And before anyone says anything: Yes, I am making a direct comparison between Trump and Hitler. Sue me.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Would you, though, agree with the sentiment that, when there are few or no taxpayer-funded leisure activities for young people, it's the fault of taxpayers when young people commit crimes?
It is not the taxpayers fault; it is the government's fault for not providing those leisure activities.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I tend to doubt the notion that there would be that much violence if Trump loses. The war of rhetoric might escalate, and there could be more of a procedural "cold war" between states and other jurisdictions.

Another possible complication relates to what will happen to Trump after the election, if he loses. If the federal government wants to put him in jail, and if he's being sheltered by a friendly state governor or county sheriff, then that could risk some sort of confrontation.

PureX

Veteran Member

Logic is not a concern for the Trump camp. Neither is honesty. Or for that matter integrity. All they care about is winning so they can burn the hole government to the ground. Because they think they will rise from the ashes to rule, mercilessly, as they all believe they have the right to do. In their minds that end justifies any means; dishonest, illogical, merciless, or whatever.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Everybody knows it's just b******* fear mongering to the point nobody even cares about that tired old rhetoric anymore.

Altfish

Veteran Member
What, then, do you see as the relation between the taxpayers who elect the government and the manifesto a prospective government offers the voting taxpayers?
Political parties make numerous election promises; individual voters will not like them all. The public look at the policies on offer from both parties and choose the best fit; you may have to hold your nose on some topics.