• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andre Braugher has died

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I'm a little sad today over this news:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Andre Braugher, the Emmy-winning actor who would master gritty drama for seven seasons on “Homicide: Life on The Street” and modern comedy for eight on “Brooklyn 99,” died Monday at 61.

Braugher died after a brief illness, his publicist Jennifer Allen told The Associated Press. No further details were given.

The Chicago-born actor would establish himself in the role of Det. Frank Pembleton, the lead role on “Homicide: Life on the Street,” a dark police drama based on a book by David Simon, who would go on to create “The Wire.” The show, which focused on the homicide unit of the Baltimore Police Department, ran for seven seasons on NBC, and would win critical acclaim with Braugher as its dramatic center and breakout star.

I loved Homicide: Life on the Street and I loved Andre Braugher in his role. He was magnificent. Initially I watched the show because it was set in Baltimore and filmed in Baltimore, but I found it was a great series in it's own right regardless of where it was. My wife Sara really enjoyed it also as she watched it with me. I didn't watch his comedy cop show because I am not into comedy. Next to Columbo Homicide: Life on the Street was my favorite cop show. You can't find any repeats of it on TV anywhere I don't think as it was a very good show, but not that popular unfortunately.

When Sara and I visited Baltimore in 2000, the fake police station set was still there, and we got our picture taken in front of it though the series had finished not long before then.

Sara told me the news on the way home from my appointment this morning. She didn't want my mind occupied with sadness over this for my appointment. Here's Andre receiving one of his emmys:

Andre Braugher RIP.jpg

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I did watch him in Glory. He started out as bookish with glasses on as I remember, and died with the rest of them.