• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels and Spirits

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If angels, or spirits, were to appear to a human, wouldn't they have to appear as human in order for a person to be comfortable enough to socialize/associate with them? also, in order for them to know what it was like to be human, they would have to become human?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If angels, or spirits, were to appear to a human, wouldn't they have to appear as human in order for a person to be comfortable enough to socialize/associate with them?
Angels being pure consciousness, can interconnect with everything at a quantum level, this is seen in many strange miracles recorded throughout history...

So if angels can communicate , and yet we don't have to see them; then appearing as a human and trying to convince people you're an angel, seems like a lot of hard work.

Could understand using the internet as an angel, like Neo in the Matrix consciously aware, trying to pass it on in someway... Yet people see stuff like that as fiction now a days. ;)
also, in order for them to know what it was like to be human, they would have to become human?
The knowledge of being a human is stored in our conscious memory, and thus everything is known by the CPU... Thus an angel only has to access that file to see everything required.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Alucard

''Don't Stop, Don't Stop!
If angels, or spirits, were to appear to a human, wouldn't they have to appear as human in order for a person to be comfortable enough to socialize/associate with them? also, in order for them to know what it was like to be human, they would have to become human?

Well, the first part of your question is actually pretty interesting.
Personally, if an angel or spirit appears right in front of me, I would be shocked, but would not be uncomfortable. The reason why is because I am different from someone else, I guess you could say.

I would start out by asking questions to the angels about reality, or life. I would ask about religion and much more.

Well, I do not know the knowledge of angels or if they even exist so I cannot give you an answer.

But logically speaking, an angel would have to be a human in order to know how it would be like to be a human, unless it were Omnipotent- probably God or something close to it.

My knowledge is not that good on these spiritual things, It would be nice if I could get some help because I do realize that angels could be in any form rather than merely something material in front of me. It could be a type of consciousness for all I know, or angels could not even exist.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Angels being pure consciousness, can interconnect with everything at a quantum level, this is seen in many strange miracles recorded throughout history...

So if angels can communicate , and yet we don't have to see them; then appearing as a human and trying to convince people you're an angel, seems like a lot of hard work.
i doubt appearing human is all that hard to accomplish given strange miracles recorded throughout history.

Could understand using the internet as an angel, like Neo in the Matrix consciously aware, trying to pass it on in someway... Yet people see stuff like that as fiction now a days. ;)

The knowledge of being a human is stored in our conscious memory, and thus everything is known by the CPU... Thus an angel only has to access that file to see everything required.

In my opinion. :innocent:
supposdely those who are born of the Spirit are often found in the flesh.

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Well, the first part of your question is actually pretty interesting.
Personally, if an angel or spirit appears right in front of me, I would be shocked, but would not be uncomfortable. The reason why is because I am different from someone else, I guess you could say.
so you wouldn't be suddenly surprised by reality instantly presenting something that wasn't there just a second ago?

I would start out by asking questions to the angels about reality, or life. I would ask about religion and much more.
so how would you know that it was beneficent; especially if it suddenly appeared? doesn't a predator tend to pounce before giving it's presence away?

Well, I do not know the knowledge of angels or if they even exist so I cannot give you an answer.

But logically speaking, an angel would have to be a human in order to know how it would be like to be a human, unless it were Omnipotent- probably God or something close to it.

My knowledge is not that good on these spiritual things, It would be nice if I could get some help because I do realize that angels could be in any form rather than merely something material in front of me. It could be a type of consciousness for all I know, or angels could not even exist.

how do you know that you haven entertained an angel? or spirit?

Alucard

''Don't Stop, Don't Stop!
so you wouldn't be suddenly surprised by reality instantly presenting something that wasn't there just a second ago?

so how would you know that it was beneficent; especially if it suddenly appeared? doesn't a predator tend to pounce before giving it's presence away?

how do you know that you haven entertained an angel? or spirit?

No I would be surprised obviously but not uncomfortable.

I didn't say It would be beneficent, I just would logically believe that since it is not human, then it probably is something else. Something else that randomly appeared to me that has never been explained through science would definitely make me ask questions to it, would I believe it? I have no clue, it would all depend. I would actually have to experience it.

That is right, I do not know if I did or not. Currently, I have no evidence to say I did. Therefore, I say that I do not know :)