• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angora Wool - SHOCKING EXPOSE

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I contemplated whether i should watch the video or not, but after seeing the pics i figured it's already too late, and watched it.

Thanks for sharing it and trying to raise awareness.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well it's a good thing I avoid buying stuff made of animal fur, feathers and such. Poor bunnies! It's horrible and I wonder how people can do these things to cute little animals.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Didn't watch the video but we farmed Angora rabbits when I was a kid - we clipped them in a manner very like shearing sheep.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Didn't watch the video but we farmed Angora rabbits when I was a kid - we clipped them in a manner very like shearing sheep.

I was given some angora for spinning which was combed out , these rabits are kept by a family who bread and show their animals (british and french angora rabits are not so heavily bread that they dont moult) he said that they need to be thoroughly combed at moulting times oterwise their coat becomes too matted and would be un bearable for the animal in summer ,also I know some small producers here do shear , ....

no I dont dare look at the video , ....it will make me angry ,

Ispin and knit , so refuse to support anything but british wool , most of the wool we use comes from small production simply because I have many reservations about mass produced imported wools, .....some of which is a slaughter house by product .

we realy do need to understand where the things we use come from and understand that where ever there is big production and where there is money involved there is the possibility of un ethical behavior .

does your family still keep the rabits ?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
does your family still keep the rabits ?

No not any more. They were German rabbits that we used keep. They were quite a lot bigger than the English variety. I remember a sheep shearing champion visited us one time to clip the rabbits. He thought it was hilarious.

We moved on to free range chickens after the rabbits. I think that explains in part why7 I'm a vegetarian.`

ratikala

Istha gosthi
No not any more. They were German rabbits that we used keep. They were quite a lot bigger than the English variety. I remember a sheep shearing champion visited us one time to clip the rabbits. He thought it was hilarious.

We moved on to free range chickens after the rabbits. I think that explains in part why7 I'm a vegetarian.`

good :) ...me too , ....as a child we used to visit my fathers family farm , nanna's was an old fasioned mixed farm no mod cons and very very free range chickens , my aunt married a battery farmer and lived in the modern farm with chickens in cages right up to the celing ..... even as a child I was totaly disgusted ....as soon as I was old enough to make my own descissions I did ....and at sixteen turned vegetarian ..

HonestJoe

Well it's a good thing I avoid buying stuff made of animal fur, feathers and such. Poor bunnies! It's horrible and I wonder how people can do these things to cute little animals.
Because the ugly animals don't have such nice fur?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
There is a point to what he says though. Those we deem 'less aesthetically pleasing to the eye' also suffer terribly - and sadly, more often than not, to deafening silence, even from the animal rights community.

Highlighting the cruelties involved in exotic leather ...
Pythons skinned and left to die. The shocking reality behind fashion's new obsession | Mail Online

Hurting an animal, especially for stupid fashion is unacceptable. I go a mile longer and try to be vegan but that's my choice. Btw, I find snakes beautiful, but I'm probably in the minority (liked them since childhood). And even if I didn't like them, I don't think I'd shed a tear for, say, spiders, but I recognise their importance in nature.

I was simply stating these bunnies are cute, most people feel for cute animals. How many people would sign petitions, protest and such to protect, say, dogs but wouldn't do the same for cows?

But I suppose people doing this to the bunnies don't feel anything towards them. They have suppressed their feelings.

Knight of Albion

Hurting an animal, especially for stupid fashion is unacceptable. I go a mile longer and try to be vegan but that's my choice. Btw, I find snakes beautiful, but I'm probably in the minority (liked them since childhood). And even if I didn't like them, I don't think I'd shed a tear for, say, spiders, but I recognise their importance in nature.

I was simply stating these bunnies are cute, most people feel for cute animals. How many people would sign petitions, protest and such to protect, say, dogs but wouldn't do the same for cows?

But I suppose people doing this to the bunnies don't feel anything towards them. They have suppressed their feelings.

I understood your original point and this one, and I agree.

As you say, most people would react to cruelty against a more 'pretty' animal and yet be indifferent towards the suffering of another not deemed so pretty. Yet the suffering and sorrow is the same.
But of course, the old adage holds true, that everything is beautiful in its own way.
Even the tiniest of insects gives cause to marvel if one has the inclination to stop and look, and the heart to 'see'.

Largely due to false teaching and a failure to lead by Orthodoxy, mankind has distanced itself from the great spiritual truths that animals have souls as we do (and feelings and emotions) and are on their own evolutionary path.
Undoubtedly denying these things is a sop to the conscience of those who make a living, or partake of the fruits, from slaughtering, experimenting on and exploiting these hapless creatures, whose care was entrusted to us as a sacred duty.

Compassion, along with Service, is the practical expression of love, both of which we should all practice freely and daily, as the symbol of 'our' faith.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
OMG this is horrible. I really feel sad now, I was just about to call it a night then I looked. I'm a pretty guts and glory no pain allowed sort of guy but this kind of meaness to animals, makes me mad and sad and then mad again.

Om Namah Sivaya

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm not looking at that. I've seen enough extreme animal cruelty vids to traumatize me for a lifetime and put me into a murderous rage.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

Don't forget that there's a proportion of humans who have psychopathic traits. They don't really feel emotion and they don't have a conscience. Torturing and mutilating sentient beings is nothing to them since they view them as objects and not living beings.

I disagree with you on spiders, though. I have a pet tarantula and I love spiders in general. :D