• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anna (labour) landslide. Thoughts???

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well apparently miss Palaszscuk (hopefully I spelled that right) won in a Qld landslide.
Being quite left to the labour side, I am pleased.
But what do you think of this development?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
great news for a lot of my relatives in Qld.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well apparently miss Palaszscuk (hopefully I spelled that right) won in a Qld landslide.

Annastacia Palaszczuk

Not the easiest name to spell or pronounce, but holy heck, she's been successful. The writing was on the wall for a landslide a couple of weeks ago when Labour switched from campaigning in seats they wanted to hold to focusing on seats they wanted to take.

I had a few initial thoughts...

1) Parochial campaigning seems to play best in Queensland and WA. Shutting borders and constantly stating that she was putting Queenslanders first is ok given her position, but I wouldn't be surprised if Federal politics comes knocking, and she'll need to change tact a little. Still, she probably would adjust. She took in Federal Labours lessons well, and tweaked her messaging accordingly (particularly around job creation).

2) OneNation lost traction. Thank goodness.

3) Deb Frecklington made a nice concession speech (at least what I saw of it), as it should be. I thought the LNP campaign wasn't terrible (I know they had issues right before the election, but I think it was done and dusted by then) so I'd be interested in the views of any Queenslanders in particular on that.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Congratulations to Miss Palaszczuk, and congratulations to Queensland on winning this great victory.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Annastacia Palaszczuk

Not the easiest name to spell or pronounce, but holy heck, she's been successful. The writing was on the wall for a landslide a couple of weeks ago when Labour switched from campaigning in seats they wanted to hold to focusing on seats they wanted to take.

I had a few initial thoughts...

1) Parochial campaigning seems to play best in Queensland and WA. Shutting borders and constantly stating that she was putting Queenslanders first is ok given her position, but I wouldn't be surprised if Federal politics comes knocking, and she'll need to change tact a little. Still, she probably would adjust. She took in Federal Labours lessons well, and tweaked her messaging accordingly (particularly around job creation).

2) OneNation lost traction. Thank goodness.

3) Deb Frecklington made a nice concession speech (at least what I saw of it), as it should be. I thought the LNP campaign wasn't terrible (I know they had issues right before the election, but I think it was done and dusted by then) so I'd be interested in the views of any Queenslanders in particular on that.
So I kept seeing this random poster on a van before polling. It was like a picture of a baby and the words “Labour made abortion legal until birth, put Labour last.” Or something to that affect. I just lazily assumed abortion was something that falls under medicare. With possible sneaky restrictions here and there. The hell was up with that random campaign?