• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone ever did a tour of Israel?

arcanum

I've been thinking about it lately, I'd like to take a 10 tour of israel. Anyone here ever done it? How was it for you? What tour group did you use? I'm a christian so I'd like to find a decent tour group that would tour the sites important to Christianity. Any recommendations?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I've never been, but my friend lived there for 3 years. The tour groups dont usually show you what its actually like there, just things that people would want to see. To really experience it, you have to go without a tour group. Unless there are unorthodox tours that he was unaware of :shrug:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I've been thinking about it lately, I'd like to take a 10 tour of israel. Anyone here ever done it? How was it for you? What tour group did you use? I'm a christian so I'd like to find a decent tour group that would tour the sites important to Christianity. Any recommendations?
Its hard to say.
I'm an Israeli, currently residing in London. so my experience of Israel can be very different from that of people on organized tours, especially on Christian tours.
personally I would try to go on tours which represent the large spectrum of history in Israel, and not necessarily those which can fall into the evangelical trap, by that I mean, a tour which would be disappointing because it is expected to try to sell Israel as the land where Jesus walked.
Israel has a remarkable Christian, Muslim and Jewish history (and far more than that), and most of it cannot be compressed into a first century Biblical period.
however, I could also be wrong, and you might find recommendations for great tours.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I never been to Israel, but would love to. Make sure to go to Bethleham. And of course check out Masada(not Christian but still pretty cool)

caseyfrank

Hi Arcnum,

Fortunately, I have explored many parts of Israel and love the place Tel Aviv. However Before you plan to visit, you will want to take a run through of some useful resources and reminders, especially if you are a first-time traveler the weather and holidays. As religion plays a vital part in this area expect busy travel times around major holidays. So if you're going to visit make sure to start the planning and hotel reservation process well ahead of time.
[FONT=&quot]I think the best you can do is, book a good boutique hotel in Tel Aviv *EDIT*[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: