• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Going to an International Day Of Action "No War With Iran" Protest This Saturday?

epronovost

Considering that the tension has been greatly reduced by the fact both the US and Iran don't want to go to war one for financial reason and the other because it wouldn't stand a chance, I don't think this march is that necessary, though reminding US politicians that wars are unpopular and will be punished by the voters isn't a bad idea per say least they forget it.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
True since Trump is having an impeachment meltdown with the resulting tweet storm.

I thought he was supposed to be starting a war with Iran because of reelection concerns and to attempt to divert attention away from the impeachment.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I thought he was supposed to be starting a war with Iran because of reelection concerns and to attempt to divert attention away from the impeachment.

Looks like another of his astounding plans fas failed.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Apparently Jan 25th people from around the globe will get together and protest a new war in the M.E. to try to stop Trump from starting a war with Iran to supposedly increase his chances for reelection. link has locations of protests.

January 25, 2020, International Day of Action: NO WAR WITH IRAN! | CODEPINK
The only one remotely feasible is Bloomington Indiana on Saturday.

But I remember how effective all the time and effort I put into "stop the war" campaigning in the lead up to the Invasion of Iraq turned out to be. And I was almost 20 years younger then.

Republicans will do what they will do. Middle East war is probably going to happen. This time it will probably be a coalition of Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Russia vs. the USA and whatever coalition Trump can pull together.

I fully expect a war, and that it will turn out far worse for the USA than Iraq did.
Tom

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Always a great song but yes it does seem kind of strange since the ball is basically in Iran's court now.
You think we've no play in this relationship?
It would be weak & irresponsible for us to
think all we can do is react to Iran.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I fully expect a war, and that it will turn out far worse for the USA than Iraq did.
But they are evil, we are righteous, all their dead deserve
it, all ours are martyrs, & our trillions of dollars will be justly
spent by politicians who will be re-elected.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You think we've no play in this relationship?
It would be weak for us to think all we can do
is react to Iran.

Yes we do and it has taken decades and numerous administrations to bring us to this point.

It is wise of us to be like a blade of grass instead of a stick at this point.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes we do and it has taken decades and numerous administrations to bring us to this point.

It is wise of us to be like a blade of grass instead of a stick at this point.
I'd rephrase it as....
It would be wise for us to be wiser.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ya have to know that this has to be on Trump's mind since he accused Obama of planning much the same kind of an attack years ago.