• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone going to General Assembly?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
So I take it from the deafening silence that no one else here is going. I will be in Ft. Lauderdale from Tuesday until Monday. Then after that, hopefully my brother will be coming to DC to visit me. :) So I may not be online much for awhile.

Til we meet again, I wish yall be well.

lunamoth

Will to love
So I take it from the deafening silence that no one else here is going. I will be in Ft. Lauderdale from Tuesday until Monday. Then after that, hopefully my brother will be coming to DC to visit me. :) So I may not be online much for awhile.

Til we meet again, I wish yall be well.
Have a wonderful, safe and spiritually nourishing trip. :)

applewuud

I went down there to sing in the choirs, so I didn't get to any plenary sessions at all. But I did go to the Ware lecture with Van Jones, which was very interesting and deserves its own thread.

However, the larger point of this thread should be how un-representative GA attendees are. It's really expensive to travel these days, takes a lot of time, and I fear that decisions made at GA (including the election for president next June in Salt Lake City) may not accurately reflect the ideas of those in the pews...and vice versa. It would be good if GA would be in a more accessible part of the country, and if more UUs who can't attend made a point of making use of the Webcasts in their congregations. Too bad none of the workshops are webcast, and that the recordings cost $20 each.

Still, there's nothing like being there.