• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Appreciating other religions?

I thought this would be a good way to appreciate other religions!

State your spiritual path (if it's not obvious), and then say one thing that you like or appreciate about the spiritual path of the person above you. :)

I'm a Vaishnava / Hare Krishna / Hindu.

One thing that I appreciate and miss about Christianity is how they make God's love so real and personal. That could be used in so many other religious places, in having that personal relationship with God so intimately!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I like that my predecessor is a Krishna devotee. :D

I'm Hindu, Vaishnava sect.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I like that the above poster is also a Christian.

I am...okay, myself, and am glad that the above poster follows such a devote, wise and loving master (Jesus)

Hum... for the next poster, lets say I am kind of a panentheist, mahayana buddhist, hinduist, christian mesh :D (I don´t have a definite religion so you may want to skip me and go back to the OPs or any religion that you appreciate somethig off besides that one that you yourslef have)

BTW, awesome thread idea! Frubals to you Gaura!

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I like that the above poster has so much religious knowledge and experience, an open mind and a panentheistic view reality.

I am a devotee of Krishna and a panentheist; the Bhagavad Gita is the scripture I follow.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I like that the above poster has so much religious knowledge and experience, an open mind and a panentheistic view reality.

I am a devotee of Krishna and a panentheist; the Bhagavad Gita is the scripture I follow.

i like that the Bhagavad Gita scriptures advise the discharging of ritual and social obligations as a way of achieving liberation because by putting obligations out of the way, it allows people the opportunity to express their faith willingly and from the heart.

its another point of similarity with christianity.
:)

I love Christianity's hymns... O God, I miss hymns so much! XD And Praise and worship music... and even the Kingdom songs booklet was really good, as well as the Sing to Jehovah book now. :D

rsd

ACBSP77
I love Christianity's hymns... O God, I miss hymns so much! And Praise and worship music... and even the Kingdom songs booklet was really good, as well as the Sing to Jehovah book now. :D

If you go to Welcome - Ancient Faith Radio and click on the, "play music in pop-up," you can find wonderful Orthodox hymns. Often I will listen in. So I like it that you enjoy this kind of music.

As for myself, I simply pray that someday, in some lifetime, I will be a sincere bhakta of Mahaprabhu

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am a solitary traveler who has gone beyond the need for religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levite

Higher and Higher
I am Jewish, but I admire the gorgeous ritual in traditional Catholic and Eastern Orthodox mass.

I appreciate some of the philosophies in Taoism, and in some of the Native American religions, especially the ways of the Lakota, Ojibwe, and Navajo.

And I like the utter freedom and naturalistic flexibility of Celtic paganism.

I admire all those things, although, of course, I wouldn't trade!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm Unitarian Universalist.

I am in awe of the Jews' ability to retain their culture and traditions. That takes some serious devotion!

I love how Unitarian Universalism seeks to have a dogma-free religion, and aims to make the world a better place through their principles. Despite their cheesy songs, I appreciate their intellectual curiosity and ability to think beyond the concepts of religion and irreligion. :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
LOL, the songs are usually pretty cheesy. We have some good ones, though.

I don't know much about Hindu sects, though, so I'll go generic. I love the structure of the theology (and reinvented several of you wheels!)

Oh, and your User Title makes me chuckle every time I see it.

blackout

Violet.
LOL, the songs are usually pretty cheesy. We have some good ones, though.

I don't know much about Hindu sects, though, so I'll go generic. I love the structure of the theology (and reinvented several of you wheels!)

Oh, and your User Title makes me chuckle every time I see it.

Storm uses her own experiences and insights to create her own theology.
As well the church/religion of her choosing
truly upholds equal human rights and loves and accepts
the GLBTQ community as they are! YAY!

Go Storm! and UU! :D

Orias

Left Hand Path
UV usually has a way of responding to posts I intend to more quickly, and with more a more efficient and concise response. All of her punctuation is used in a way that requires awareness of the mind and the use of self reflective capabilities we as humans have.

She is what she is, her self.

Similar to me ;) (being that I am myself)