• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are some JW's starting to see the TRUTH?

djhwoodwerks

I don't think God really cares what unbelievers do...do you? He has no use for them so why should he care if they have no morals?

He told us to "let the dead bury their dead".......those not "alive" (spiritually dead) as far as God is concerned are not worthy of his attention. They have no use for God...so it works both ways. Seems fair to me.

This is a very true (and surprising) statement coming from a JW on a different thread. This statement does prove we are multi part beings, i.e. spirit, soul and body.

If what the WT teaches, that our spirit is our life force, how can we be "spiritually dead" and continue to live? To say we are spiritually dead means, there is a part of us that is dead or can die, but we continue to live. If our life force dies or is dead, how can we continue to live?

Like Jesus said,

Mat 26:40-41 (ESVST) 40 And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping. And he said to Peter, " So, could you not watch with me one hour? 41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

What was Jesus saying here? That the life force is willing, but the flesh is weak? What is the spirit willing to do?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A person can't be a JW at the same time as she disagrees with governing body dogma. There are many, many former JWs who can see.
To loyal JWs what other people say is babble.

They say Jesus is here in spirit but not in person. They say he will never come back in the flesh. So? They love to be confused and to teach confusion is my guess. Why else would they do it?

Wherenextcolumbus

The bible is made up of different writers and they were not all in complete agreement. Of course that is not a watchtower teaching.

"I knew a man in Christ over fourteen years ago—whether in the body or out of the body I cannot tell, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew that such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I cannot tell, God knows— 4 was caught up into paradise and heard inexpressible words not permitted for a man to say." 2 corinthians 12.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To teach that there are people who are "not worthy of God's attention" is an apostate teaching.
John 3:16
Romans 5:8
Ephesians 2:4
Hebrews 2:9
1 John 4:10
Revelation 1:5 (see how God is ruler even of "the kings of the earth"?)

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
This is a very true (and surprising) statement coming from a JW. This statement does prove we are multi part beings, i.e. spirit, soul and body.

If what the WT teaches, that our spirit is our life force, how can we be "spiritually dead" and continue to live? To say we are spiritually dead means, there is a part of us that is dead or can die, but we continue to live. If our life force dies or is dead, how can we continue to live?

Isn't that just the no hate angle of this denomination?
Most denominations need some type of excuse not to go out and spread hate on people their book doesn't like.