• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the governments responsible for manslaughter of the homeless ?

jes-us

More than 1,300 people died while homeless across the United Kingdom in 2022 - Quite clearly in my eyes the government is responsible for the manslaughter of the homeless. The government know these statistics , perhaps it is even murder !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is arguable when government actively prevents
the homeless from surviving. Here, they do it with
draconian enforcement of needlessly restrictive
vagrancy, housing, & zoning codes. They go as
far as destroying shelters, shacks, & tents...while
providing no alternative.
It's not murder....but it's wrong.

jes-us

That is arguable when government actively prevents
the homeless from surviving. Here, they do it with
draconian enforcement of needlessly restrictive
vagrancy, housing, & zoning codes. They go as
far as destroying shelters, shacks, & tents...while
providing no alternative.
It's not murder....but it's wrong.
They destroy shelters here too in Britain that the homeless people build ! They know homeless people die each year as a cause of homelessness and let it happen , that is manslaughter . However , because they know , that could be deemed pre-meditated murder . All democratic governments suppose to work for the public , the governments forget their place and duty of care for the public . For each homeless person that dies due t0 homelessness , the gov are most certainly to blame for breaking basic human rights , of food , water and shelter.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
More than 1,300 people died while homeless across the United Kingdom in 2022 - Quite clearly in my eyes the government is responsible for the manslaughter of the homeless. The government know these statistics , perhaps it is even murder !
Same with us yanks.

Every time the homeless tries to better themselves, tries to make life a little easier go for themselves, the government intentionally sends its jackbooted thugs to make things ever more miserable and hard as possible than ever before.

jes-us

Same with us yanks.

Every time the homeless tries to better themselves, tries to make life a little easier go for themselves, the government intentionally sends its jackbooted thugs to make things ever more miserable and hard as possible than ever before.
Which is murder or manslaughter if that person dies as a result of being homeless and having their human rights violated .

PureX

Veteran Member
It's just the everyday poison of greed and stupidity which controls the minds of those in government, in business, among most of the general population and even among many of those operating our religious institutions. In the end we are all to blame for our being willing to sacrifice our neighbor's lives for the sake of our own security and well being. We should know better by now, that this will not work out for us in the end. But each generation forgets the lessons of the past generation and so fall right back into the same abyss, over and over again. It's a heartbreaking fact of human nature.

jes-us

It's just the everyday poison of greed and stupidity which controls the minds of those in government, in business, among most of the general population and even among many of those operating our religious institutions. In the end we are all to blame for our being willing to sacrifice our neighbor's lives for the sake of our own security and well being. We should know better by now, that this will not work out for us in the end. But each generation forgets the lessons of the past generation and so fall right back into the same abyss, over and over again. It's a heartbreaking fact of human nature.
It's not greed but it is stupidity because the Government forget their purpose in all due respect because they are instantly focusing on economy . They feed something that is virtual before they'd feed somebody that is hungry . I.e The USA claim their net worth is x amount of dollars , this money sitting their idol for all eternity because they think that is a wealthy country . In realism a country is only as wealthy as the people , America is a real poor country if we consider the poverty line .
Governments don't seem to be able to distinguish between virtual , the countries wealth , (like a stone needs money) and people who live in the country (realism) . Why the heck the govs feed money to the stone is beyond my imagination for sure .

MikeF

Premium Member

What is required to solve the problem, in your opinion. What is the solution?

jes-us

What is required to solve the problem, in your opinion. What is the solution?
It is hardly rocket science , we can make small homes for about £1000 in Britain made of wood , plaster fire board and insulation . Some people might call it a garden shed but If I was homeless , I'd call it luxury . This version is only £1600 for example , We could even use recycled plastic and make like Wendy houses . All we need is common land and place loads of these .

Attachments

• darcy14xx101.jpg
    darcy14xx101.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 28

MikeF

Premium Member
It is hardly rocket science , we can make small homes for about £1000 in Britain made of wood , plaster fire board and insulation . Some people might call it a garden shed but If I was homeless , I'd call it luxury . This version is only £1600 for example , We could even use recycled plastic and make like Wendy houses . All we need is common land and place loads of these .

And what makes you confident that all homeless people will want to live in such places? What if they want to live in the downtown of a major metropolitan city such as London or New York? What if, for whatever reason, some do not want to be confined to one location at all?

Next thought, what will the homeless do for food while living in these types of arrangements?

Alien826

No religious beliefs

I agree that the homeless need help but it's not that simple. Many of them are actually mentally ill and need a lot more than just housing. When councils try to build shelters or whatever, the NIMBYs oppose it. Do we vote for people that would look after the homeless or those that reduce our taxes? We are all complicit to an extent.

jes-us

And what makes you confident that all homeless people will want to live in such places? What if they want to live in the downtown of a major metropolitan city such as London or New York? What if, for whatever reason, some do not want to be confined to one location at all?

Next thought, what will the homeless do for food while living in these types of arrangements?
Let us start with reality , homeless charities are a waste of time , often homeless charity bosses and staff set up a charity to give themselves a good decent paid job . They rarely do anything to directly house the homeless .

These sites I propose will be set up correctly as an official government charity . These site will have a communal building , a supply of clothes and food donations . Additionally these sites will have a doctor and nurse checking in each week . These sites will be ran correctly and will aim to bring these homeless people back into work etc , they will have a home address .

Why would the homeless want to go these sites ? Because these site will be like a cult but with no extremities . These sites will turn a blind eye to the drug use because these sights will technically be like rehab place .

These sights will play music and have barbecues etc . The homeless will be ''partying'' for their rehab . Additionally the ''cult'' will be shown how to grow food, they will start some agriculture , feeding themselves and producing surplus for the charity etc .

jes-us

I agree that the homeless need help but it's not that simple. Many of them are actually mentally ill and need a lot more than just housing. When councils try to build shelters or whatever, the NIMBYs oppose it. Do we vote for people that would look after the homeless or those that reduce our taxes? We are all complicit to an extent.
See my last post to the other member , I know how to deal with the mental health .

MikeF

Premium Member
Let us start with reality , homeless charities are a waste of time , often homeless charity bosses and staff set up a charity to give themselves a good decent paid job . They rarely do anything to directly house the homeless .

These sites I propose will be set up correctly as an official government charity . These site will have a communal building , a supply of clothes and food donations . Additionally these sites will have a doctor and nurse checking in each week . These sites will be ran correctly and will aim to bring these homeless people back into work etc , they will have a home address .

Why would the homeless want to go these sites ? Because these site will be like a cult but with no extremities . These sites will turn a blind eye to the drug use because these sights will technically be like rehab place .

These sights will play music and have barbecues etc . The homeless will be ''partying'' for their rehab . Additionally the ''cult'' will be shown how to grow food, they will start some agriculture , feeding themselves and producing surplus for the charity etc .

Wow, that easy, eh? I'm skeptical. Will these places be located in areas with adequate panhandling opportunities so that the homeless can collect money for drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes? If they are concentrated in the way you describe, won't that challenge the panhandling infrastructure?

jes-us

Wow, that easy, eh? I'm skeptical. Will these places be located in areas with adequate panhandling opportunities so that the homeless can collect money for drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes? If they are concentrated in the way you describe, won't that challenge the panhandling infrastructure?
They will have alcohol supplied , we will supply cigarettes , marijuana and methadone etc . Often the drug problem in the homeless person is because of the cold and because they have lost all hope . When we set up these communities there will be people who want to be clean and they will become site trustees .
Society thinks these people can't work etc but I am confident that even the most hardened drug user could plant a few seeds or feed the chickens even while they are high .

Consider these site in been liking to a rehab camp but also consider they will be working and helping society too .

I'd estimate that at least 75% of the homeless would come good . Yes there will still be some fruit loops on the streets but the majority will love having hope and probably be in tears when we hand them keys to their new home with a bed etc .

jes-us

Yes it is that easy and the way to bring them back into society is sort of to get them partying with each other on the camp , pumping some life back into them and respect .