• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any bible verses that say god controls all reality?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Are there any bible verses that say god controls all reality?:)
Isaiah 45:7:
"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Proverbs 16:9:
"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps."

Daniel 2:21:
"He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."

Psalm 103:19:
"The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all."

I also

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
"The devil made me do it" is a type of delusional shift of blame from God to the Devil, then? I think this line of reasoning may be why so many have such a distaste for God concepts. People are responsible for their own actions, but life operates in a way that allows for choices. I think the mechanics of life, both physical and spiritual essentially function according to a predefined model. Maybe that's how God controls all things, via laws and consequence. To live life with blinders on (a ignorance is bliss state of mind) is common place. True for much of my own life anyway. Do you think it better to be more aware and to embrace the shame of ignorance in hope of passing through to the other side of ignorance? Is this even possible? I sometimes wonder.

"I somehow know I could never know enough to claim to be knowing enough to know much of anything."

Should I feel more shame in that knowing or the type where I thought I knew, lived my life in that know just to realize I was wrong to say
I knew it? I think it better to be a student than a teacher. Then again, maybe I'm just another coward in the crowd of those who live in uncertainty.

James 3

Last edited: