• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are we perfect already?

cbenkman

hello everyone i was wondering how most of you think about the concept of us and everything being perfect, i for one can only think of everything as being perfect already, and would love to explain my beliefs about it, so here goes, if we take a look at some of the deffinitions of the word perfect we will see that one of them is (somethings which goes or runs exactly how it is supposed to) now to me that is the only one which makes any sense, here is why, it you strike a wall with a hammer the dent you get is going to be a direct result of the shape and power of that strike with the hammer, the dent had a reason for it to be the way that it is, just as everything has a reason why it happens but that reason is right before the action, if it is perfect for something to go exactly how it should then if you think about it the next word or action or thought which you do will be a direct result of all the experiences you have had up to that point, you can only act on the experiences you have experienced, so you are running exactly how you are suppose to run and the only way you can run and even if we dont like what we do or think it we are still running exactly how we are supposed to run so with that deffinition of perfect WE ARE PERFECT.
if we bring in a moral concept about perfect then we are comparing it to something else which then makes it like comparing an orange to an apple, you can have a perfect orange and a perfect apple but no matter what you do you cannot make that perfect orange turn into a perfect apple or vice versa, the idea of us being godliike or christ like is like the comparison of apples and oranges, i dont think we need to compare ourselves to god because we are not god. if there is a god i would think it would be nothing like we are taught by our religions, but that is another story lol.
but if people could believe they are perfect already it could change alot of how we think of things, dont get me wrong there certainly needs to be laws and moral ideas, but if we take the idea that we are humans maybe some of the guit we feel from being ungodlike could disappear and just be learning experiences instead of sometimes making us feel worthless, and alot of the worlds troubles might be lessend.
well thats pretty much it, my philosophy about perfection i would like to hear or read what your thoughts might be about this, thanks for reading this
chris

FatMan

Perfection is subjective in most cases. Unless you are talking in mathematical or geometric terms.

thats a good idea but tell that to all the people who are consumed by their own vanity and get plastic surgery and strive for that perfect ideal of a what a person should be and look like -- society is much too superficial to believe that we are perfect -- being comfortable in your own skin and proud of who you are is something we all should be -- but very few people think they are perfect -- let alone with religion telling you how much you need redemption and how flawed and imperfect you are -- we are flawed inside and out -- with sources being religion and society -- there is no way people can feel safe from judgement about who they are or what they look like -- we are never good enough no matter what -- there will always be someone or something telling us what we need to change