• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Women More Adverse to Nudity Than Men?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are womenfolk more adverse to nudity than menfolk?

I myself began to wonder about it this afternoon when posting in another thread. Something recalled to my mind that women's showers at the university I attended had little changing rooms to protect privacy, while the men's showers did not.

But if women really are more adverse to nudity than men, why are they?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I would think because of "**** shaming", wanting to project the opposite of "****" just like a man tries to project the opposite of "sissy".

I would think that would be the biggest factor, though I dont think I had ever gave this any thought.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I think they are in general. You won't find many men who would object to seeing a naked woman but you do find many women who are offended by seeing naked men (other than men with whom they may be in relationship). As to why, I have no clue.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think they are in general. You won't find many men who would object to seeing a naked woman but you do find many women who are offended by seeing naked men (other than men with whom they may be in relationship). As to why, I have no clue.

but what about men offended by naked men and women offended by naked women? I think that was the suggestion of the OP. (then again, maye I am wrong)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

If someone saw an old, wrinkled man or woman, and for some reason took offense, then would it be a man or a woman who was more likely to take offense?

Me Myself

Back to my username
If someone saw an old, wrinkled man or woman, and for some reason took offense, then would it be a man or a woman who was more likely to take offense?

I honestly think this might depend of whether it is a man or a woman.

but also honestly dont know.I think a woman may be more prone to take offense to the old man while the man to the old woman.

Again, complete guesswork here.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Maybe because women are judged more on looks, so have more of a natural modesty, so we don't feel conspicuous. Or maybe it's a man's testosterone that makes them not care about being naked as much. Dunno.

Wherenextcolumbus

I myself began to wonder about it this afternoon when posting in another thread. Something recalled to my mind that women's showers at the university I attended had little changing rooms to protect privacy, while the men's showers did not.

This may be to give a woman privacy whilst on her period. Some people are freaked out by women being on their period even other women sometimes, at least in terms of seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nazz

Doubting Thomas
but what about men offended by naked men and women offended by naked women? I think that was the suggestion of the OP. (then again, maye I am wrong)

or may be I misunderstood. I think men are generally okay with other men being naked. And if they are not they are just jealous.
;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Maybe because women are judged more on looks, so have more of a natural modesty, so we don't feel conspicuous. Or maybe it's a man's testosterone that makes them not care about being naked as much. Dunno.

This may be to give a woman privacy whilst on her period. Some people are freaked out by women being on their period even other women sometimes, at least in terms of seeing it.

Interesting responses, both!

Wirey

Fartist

They're not around me. All that pointing and laughing really seems to cheer them up.