• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Women Realistic Enough to Read Romance Novels?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
LOL. Does this mean that I should go into writing romance novels? I'm quite proficient at being vague, euphemistic, and ambiguous. :p

I think I might have noticed some of your vagueness, etc, myself. I don't think it's much of a put off in you, though; albeit on at least one occasion, I found it challenging to get a clear understanding of your meaning.

I've never consciously thought of it being a defense by which to repel males, though. Perhaps I sense it subconsciously or intuitively and employ it for that reason. (hmmmm, something new to contemplate, thanks.)

It's interesting to meet someone with such insights into herself.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Thank you for extending me such courtesy. However, I don't mind being contradicted when you feel you have the better view.

"He who thinks he has the better view and he who thinks he has the correct view, both are mistaken." - Lord Shri Krishna

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I think I might have noticed some of your vagueness, etc, myself. I don't think it's much of a put off in you, though; albeit on at least one occasion, I found it challenging to get a clear understanding of your meaning.

It's interesting to meet someone with such insights into herself.
Scriptures can also be ambiguous and vague. (I'm connecting this back to your earlier claim than women tend to get their unrealistic expectation of men from religion, rather than romance novels.) I never was drawn to reading romance novels, but I really enjoy scriptures.

LOL, is this a vague, ambiguous, veiled suggestion that women should read romance novels (in order to get drawn towards men) instead of scriptures? (to keep expectations low, rather than high?) Are you employing the very style that seems to draw women in? :angel2:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
LOL, is this a vague, ambiguous, veiled suggestion that women should read romance novels (in order to get drawn towards men) instead of scriptures? (to keep expectations low, rather than high?) Are you employing the very style that seems to draw women in? :angel2:

That would be giving me way too much credit for thinking of such a thing.

crossfire

Premium Member
That would be giving me way too much credit for thinking of such a thing.
LOL. Could it possibly be subconscious/intuitive, or is that just me projecting my need to contemplate the reason for my nebulousness?

I don't know about you, but I've found my subconscious mind to be much more intelligent than my conscious mind.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know about you, but I've found my subconscious mind to be much more intelligent than my conscious mind.

I've found my subconscious mind understands things in ways my conscious mind doesn't, but that it also can err at times.

crossfire

Premium Member
I've found my subconscious mind understands things in ways my conscious mind doesn't, but that it also can err at times.
Indeed. Hence, the need for self-reflection/contemplation. :)

{Isn't it funny how everything leads back to this--even reading romance novels}