• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Your Fellow RFer's More, Less, or About as Intelligent as Most People?

Are RFer's More, Less, or "About the Same Intellectual Speed" as Most People?

• More intelligent than most people.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Less intelligent than most people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About the same intelligence as most people.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Don't know or other.

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it goes without saying that RFers are likely more interested in religion than most folks. But does our interest in religion in some way imply we are more intelligent than most folks? How about less intelligent? Or are we as a group representative of most folks?

What do you think? Are your fellow RFers -- not you yourself, but those around you on this board -- more, less, or pretty much the same as most people when it comes to intelligence?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmmm...I'm gonna say more intelligent, on the whole. But my best guess would be that there are certain areas of intelligence the RF board might be lacking in compared to the general population. It's a total guess, and might be bogus, but there ya have it.

So...deep thoughts, complex philosophies, scientific knowledge...I'd put 100 RFers ahead of a random sample of 100 streetfolk.

Changing the tyre on my car, drinking games for the next footy club ****-up or engaging in a fist fight, maybe no so much.

Mind you, I have no basis for any of that, really.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I'd say that on average that RFers are about the same intelligence as anyone else. We do have some pretty bright stars here, though.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'd say that on average that RFers are about the same intelligence as anyone else. We do have some pretty bright stars here, though.

Most days, I'd agree with you, Christine. Just out curiosity, who here impresses you as a "pretty bright star"? If you don't mind answering, I mean.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Hmmm...I'm gonna say more intelligent, on the whole. But my best guess would be that there are certain areas of intelligence the RF board might be lacking in compared to the general population. It's a total guess, and might be bogus, but there ya have it.

So...deep thoughts, complex philosophies, scientific knowledge...I'd put 100 RFers ahead of a random sample of 100 streetfolk.

Changing the tyre on my car, drinking games for the next footy club ****-up or engaging in a fist fight, maybe no so much.

Mind you, I have no basis for any of that, really.

More or less this.

:eek: :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think we ought to test 'em.

1) How many legs does the elephant have?
1-3.gif

2) How much darker is square A than square B
a) half again as dark?
b) twice as dark
c) three times as dark
illusion.gif

3) Are the horizontal lines parallel or do they slope
1-2.gif

4) How can 2 = 1
a = b

multiply both sides by a...

a² = ab

add a² to both sides...

a² + a² = a² + ab

simplify on the left...

2 a² = a² + ab

subtract 2 ab from both sides...

2 a² - 2 ab = a² + ab - 2 ab

factor out a 2 on the left, and simplify on the right...

2 ( a² - ab ) = a² - ab

divide through by a² - ab...

2 = 1
Explain.

5)How many Fs do you see in the text below?

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-

SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE

EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.
Circle your answer

Galen.Iksnudnard

The vast majority of the more prominent posters here seem to be quite intelligent and reasonable people. Of course not everyone here is going to be a genius, and although I am relatively new I have seen a fair share of ignorant posts and posters. Still, on the average I'd say that RF posters are pretty smart people.

The OP of this thread, looking at his posting history seems to be a pretty smart individual. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
4) How can 2 = 1
a = b

multiply both sides by a...

a² = ab

add a² to both sides...

a² + a² = a² + ab

simplify on the left...

2 a² = a² + ab

subtract 2 ab from both sides...

2 a² - 2 ab = a² + ab - 2 ab

factor out a 2 on the left, and simplify on the right...

2 ( a² - ab ) = a² - ab

divide through by a² - ab...

2 = 1
Explain.
Pretty clever.
No way am I going to give away what's going on!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Intelligence is a broad spectrum. If you were to ask if RFer's were more intelligent about RF topics then the answer would be a resounding yes.

If your asking me about specifics they fall squarely into the average with only specific people standing out in certain categories.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you dropped the average RFers IQ 1 point, they'd grow leaves instead of hair.

I don't get it. Could you explain that joke to me? Is it about Ugandian RFers? I think it might be about Ugandian RFers, because they live where a lot of plants grow. Am I write it's about Ugandian RFeers?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I lost an IQ point once.
Then I got this haircut.
DumbHaircuts.png

It was for a job interview.
I didn't get it.