• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arguements for/against predestination?

Brynhild

Are some people destined to go to hell no matter what people tell them? Is there reason to believe in predestination?

My christian friend knew a girl who studied many religions and just picked one (it happened to be buddhism) and no matter my friend says to her she wont change her ways. He claims she is destined to go to hell.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I don't think so. But, then again, I don't believe in the Christian Hell either.

So......

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a rather mean-spirited thing to say. What does it matter if the person goes to the Christian hell, assuming that is a valid destination? Why concern yourself so much with what's going to happen when you die? It makes no sense to me to fuss over such things. The present is right here, and right now. The present is a gift (pun intended), and fussing over the afterlife seems like a waste of time to me.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Are some people destined to go to hell no matter what people tell them? Is there reason to believe in predestination?

My christian friend knew a girl who studied many religions and just picked one (it happened to be buddhism) and no matter my friend says to her she wont change her ways. He claims she is destined to go to hell.

There is no person on Earth that all mankind would agree is not going to Hell.