• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As we learn about Mother Tamil and matriarchal society, patriarchal society

River Sea

@GoodAttention As we learn about Mother Tamil and matriarchal society, patriarchal society

@GoodAttention wrote, "I am happy to start a specific thread to explore further."

@River Sea wrote, " @GoodAttention Yes, please do start a specific thread to explore further."

The specific thread you wanted to start was about what you wrote. @GoodAttention

@GoodAttention wrote, "Yes, specifically this is related to temples and palaces. I see both as signs of a patriarchal society, and the lack of to be more consistent wit a matriarchal society. This is my personal opinion specific to the Indus Valley Civilization, since there is no specific record of royalty, nor is there any evidence of buildings such as palaces or temples.

The Tamil language itself is said to be feminine, referred to as "Mother Tamil", with the stories that I am aware of relating to the "genesis" of its letters giving respect to a maternal nature."

River Sea

Here's what you asked for @GoodAttention I hope this helps.

A return to the high ethic of the Ionian Ideal
Shawn Murphy

1727975443967.png

I think I am using the term matriarchal incorrectly. There was a post I saw on this forum months ago that described an Ionian society vs Dorian society. It was a nice table with columns for each, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I would say the IVC appears to be more Ionian (as a societal type, not Ionian the people themselves).

@tornbetweentwoworlds I notice in your pdf words Ionian and Dorian.

Here's is @tornbetweentwoworlds pdf words Ionian and Dorian

Shawn Murphy

At PDF at academia Scroll down to Page 3 to see: Ionian and Dorian

GoodAttention

Here's what you asked for @GoodAttention I hope this helps.

Shawn Murphy

View attachment 97846

Here's is @tornbetweentwoworlds pdf words Ionian and Dorian

Shawn Murphy

At PDF at academia Scroll down to Page 3 to see: Ionian and Dorian

Thanks @River Sea i will post in a few days.

GoodAttention

I will give my understanding of the Tamil "Genesis" story to start.

God created man and woman, and from this couple a daughter was born, followed by three sons, and three daughters. Seven children in total. The first daughter came of age, and longed to be a mother and have God as her husband.

Her father, wanting his daughter to remain his, gave his support knowing this could never happen. Upon realizing her father's intentions, the daughter built a funeral pyre on which she lay, cutting her throat so that she would die.

Upon seeing his daughter's lifeless body, the father was filled with emotion and despair, begging God to take his eye so that his daughter could be returned to him. His wife intervened, instead asking God to consider herself as a sacrifice, and to take any part of her, including her life, such that her daughter could return. She also asked that her sons could be made fathers, and her daughters to become mothers, and that her actions could redeem her husbands error.

God considered and determined that he would accept the mother's sacrifice, taking her soul and placing it into her deceased daughter, who then rose off the funeral pyre. At the same time, this daughter who had also longed to become a mother gave birth through her mother's sacrifice and God's intent to three daughters herself. Whilst considered to be neices to the first three sons, they were nevertheless coupled.

So the mother becomes a daughter and also a mother again, hence the name மாரியம்மன் or Mariamman, with mari meaning "change".

At this point we have 12 people of existence, and each is an embodiment of the "soul" letters in Tamil.

அ (a) ஆ (aa) are mother and father, இ (i) ஈ(ii) உ (u) ஊ (uu) எ (e) ஏ (ee) are the 3 sons and 3 daughters.

ஐ (ai) is the first daughter, who also embodies the first mother within her.

ஒ (o) ஓ (oo) ஒள (ow) are the three daughters of (ai)

There is also a special letter, the ஃ or "akku", which is a gutteral h sound generally inserted after a soft vowel and before a hard sound. I believe there is more to this letter from ancient times, but it remains as both a silent letter and an amplifier.

It can also be said to "enter" or couple with ஐ, each circle representing a daughter.

God remembers the father's eye and takes it, dividing it into 18 equal parts, each becoming three children to the six daughters of existence.
The daughters gives birth to one vallinam, க் ச் ட் த் ப் ற், mellinam, ஞ் ங் ண் ம் ன் ந், and idaiyinam letter ய் ர் ல் வ் ழ் ள் each. These are the "body" letters that can be considered consonants. In total there are 217 letters including the special letter.

The ஃ again entering each daughter to give three children. I consider this special letter a representation of the Benevolent Father.

Of the 18 children, 9 sons and 9 daughters are born, creating 9 couplings. This is the genesis of the human family.

Culturally these rules are still followed -
A coupling can only be done if the childrens parents are brother and sister.
Those who are related because their parents are brothers or sisters can not be coupled, since that are also considered brothers or sisters.
Avunculate marriages are permitted and occur between a woman's younger brother and her daughter, as was the case in Tamil Genesis.

The meaning I note in this story is the uniqueness of combining both a creation mythology with a defined alphabet and a connected human family, with each ancestor "willed" by God. The maternal aspect throughout makes the Tamil language a "mother", reflecting a society that prioritizes sex equality, truth, reason, and respect.

The Tamil word for daughter is மகள் (magal), but adding the special letter becomes மஃகள் (makkal) meaning all humans.

Hence it is my firm belief that the Tamil culture started as an Ionian society, and this is could be reflected in what we know of the Indus Valley Civilization.

Last edited:

GoodAttention

I will give my understanding of the Tamil "Genesis" story to start.

God created man and woman, and from this couple a daughter was born, followed by three sons, and three daughters. Seven children in total. The first daughter came of age, and longed to be a mother and have God as her husband.

Her father, wanting his daughter to remain his, gave his support knowing this could never happen. Upon realizing her father's intentions, the daughter built a funeral pyre on which she lay, cutting her throat so that she would die.

Upon seeing his daughter's lifeless body, the father was filled with emotion and despair, begging God to take his eye so that his daughter could be returned to him. His wife intervened, instead asking God to consider herself as a sacrifice, and to take any part of her, including her life, such that her daughter could return. She also asked that her sons could be made fathers, and her daughters to become mothers, and that her actions could redeem her husbands error.

God considered and determined that he would accept the mother's sacrifice, taking her soul and placing it into her deceased daughter, who then rose off the funeral pyre. At the same time, this daughter who had also longed to become a mother gave birth through her mother's sacrifice and God's intent to three daughters herself. Whilst considered to be neices to the first three sons, they were nevertheless coupled.

So the mother becomes a daughter and also a mother again, hence the name மாரியம்மன் or Mariamman, with mari meaning "change".

At this point we have 12 people of existence, and each is an embodiment of the "soul" letters in Tamil.

அ (a) ஆ (aa) are mother and father, இ (i) ஈ(ii) உ (u) ஊ (uu) எ (e) ஏ (ee) are the 3 sons and 3 daughters.

ஐ (ai) is the first daughter, who also embodies the first mother within her.

ஒ (o) ஓ (oo) ஒள (ow) are the three daughters of (ai)

There is also a special letter, the ஃ or "akku", which is a gutteral h sound generally inserted after a soft vowel and before a hard sound. I believe there is more to this letter from ancient times, but it remains as both a silent letter and an amplifier.

It can also be said to "enter" or couple with ஐ, each circle representing a daughter.

God remembers the father's eye and takes it, dividing it into 18 equal parts, each becoming three children to the six daughters of existence.
The daughters gives birth to one vallinam, க் ச் ட் த் ப் ற், mellinam, ஞ் ங் ண் ம் ன் ந், and idaiyinam letter ய் ர் ல் வ் ழ் ள் each. These are the "body" letters that can be considered consonants. In total there are 217 letters including the special letter.

The ஃ again entering each daughter to give three children. I consider this special letter a representation of the Benevolent Father.

Of the 18 children, 9 sons and 9 daughters are born, creating 9 couplings. This is the genesis of the human family.

Culturally these rules are still followed -
A coupling can only be done if the childrens parents are brother and sister.
Those who are related because their parents are brothers or sisters can not be coupled, since that are also considered brothers or sisters.
Avunculate marriages are permitted and occur between a woman's younger brother and her daughter, as was the case in Tamil Genesis.

The meaning I note in this story is the uniqueness of combining both a creation mythology with a defined alphabet and a connected human family, with each ancestor "willed" by God. The maternal aspect throughout makes the Tamil language a "mother", reflecting a society that prioritizes sex equality, truth, reason, and respect.

The Tamil word for daughter is மகள் (magal), but adding the special letter becomes மஃகள் (makkal) meaning all humans.

Hence it is my firm belief that the Tamil culture started as an Ionian society, and this is could be reflected in what we know of the Indus Valley Civilization.

For those that are interested in the spiritual significance of numbers, here is 217.

River Sea

Thank you @GoodAttention for sharing about Tamil "Genesis. It'll take me a few reads for me to comprehend.

The story began simple then became more for me to comprehend.

River Sea

@GoodAttention

Why did this Tamil Genesis need sacrifices for? If you need me to clarify I will. But for now I mainly quoted areas of sacrifice.

the daughter built a funeral pyre on which she lay, cutting her throat so that she would die.

His wife intervened, instead asking God to consider herself as a sacrifice

God considered and determined that he would accept the mother's sacrifice,

mother gave birth through her mother's sacrifice

River Sea

For those that are interested in the spiritual significance of numbers, here is 217.

Strong's Concordance
ur: a flame
Original Word: אוּר
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: ur
Phonetic Spelling: (ore)
Definition: a flame

Strong's Concordance
or: a light
Original Word: אוֹר
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: or
Definition: a light

Now me write:
I'm raw with all emotions, it's in the midst of all my thoughts and emotions that I allow the light in me to teach me how to feed from.

This is why I use words such as in the midst and allow.

Light feeds me fire.

Actually, I comprehend fire as food/water that I drink from light. Light feeds us fire as food, the same word as water. Yes, fire is water.

I used to write, "I allow light in me to teach me in the midst of my thoughts and emotions, teaching me how to drink from light within my situations."

Perhaps there's a better way of writing that.

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention

Why did this Tamil Genesis need sacrifices for? If you need me to clarify I will. But for now I mainly quoted areas of sacrifice.

Great question, I will do my best to answer.

In this story I see 3 examples.

The first is the daughter, who we could say performs a "silent" sacrifice, giving up her life to be united with God. We say this because we want to see the good come from her action, since she longed for God more than she feared death. But in reality she was driven by anger against her own father, so much so that she prepared her own funeral pyre for him to light. The truth here is, we all long for God and to reunited with our benevolent father, but there is no righteousness in asking for death to achieve this. Hence, her sacrifice was in vain.

The second is the father, who asks God to take his eye to have his daughter returned to him. Here we see the limitations of what is given and what is asked of. This is a sacrifice "in-waiting", or a barter, since the father has only spoken his intent aloud and has not been courageous to remove his eye himself to show his willingness. On "face-value" it seems like a fair deal, because sight is our most vital sense, and giving up even on eye should not be easily done. On the other hand, he knows he will still have one eye from which to see his daughter return to him, and so he maintains himself. The reality here is, the father gives away a part he can spare to redeem a far greater loss to him. Hence, his sacrifice is sarcastic.

The third is the mother, who asks God to take her life so that her daughter could return. She shows her intelligence by also asking that her sons become fathers, and that her husband be redeemed. With these words she personifies love, wisdom, and respect, for her husband, her children, and God. There is no personal reward for the mother but instead the reward of her sacrifice is divided across her family and multiplied in result.

Unlike her first daughter's "taking of life", hers was not in vain, as she now gives life to her first daughter twice, who in turn gives life to her three times. Not only does she allow her first daughter's longing to be "coupled" with God, as is done through the "marriage" of ஐ and ஃ, she also redeems her husband by having their daughter return to him as a "married" woman.

God completes the father's redemption by taking his eye nevertheless, making the "calling out" of his sacrifice no longer sarcastic. By dividing the eye 18 times to create the human family God redeems him even further by easing his longing to have his family always with him. This is the ultimately a lesson in morality that he "sees" for himself, including that his wife was the one who made the "true" sacrifice.

GoodAttention

Strong's Concordance
ur: a flame
Original Word: אוּר
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: ur
Definition: a flame

Strong's Concordance
or: a light
Original Word: אוֹר
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: or
Definition: a light

Now me write:
I'm raw with all emotions, it's in the midst of all my thoughts and emotions that I allow the light in me to teach me how to feed from.

This is why I use words such as in the midst and allow.

Light feeds me fire.

Actually, I comprehend fire as food/water that I drink from light. Light feeds us fire as food, the same word as water. Yes, fire is water.

I used to write, "I allow light in me to teach me in the midst of my thoughts and emotions, teaching me how to drink from light within my situations."

Perhaps there's a better way of writing that.

Thank you for sharing your words.

River Sea

Also adding Strong's Concordance for Greek.

I use 217 as this is the total number of letters in the Tamil alphabet.

@GoodAttention

What is salt you never explained. 217. ἅλας (halas and hala)

There's no need for salvation, because no one is seperated. What there is is healing and learning.

How is this researching the Tamil language history? When using "217" for looking up verses in the Bible, all due to the total numbers of letters in the Tamil alphabet that is 217 letters, how is this researching the Tamil language history?

Last edited:

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention

What is salt you never explained. 217. ἅλας (halas and hala)

There's no need for salvation, because no one is seperated. What there is is healing and learning.

How is this researching the Tamil language history? When using "217" for looking up verses in the Bible, all due to the total numbers of letters in the Tamil alphabet that is 217 letters, how is this researching the Tamil language history?

To me this is researching the Tamil language because my belief is it is either hidden away and perhaps acknowledged in the religious texts. This is part of my journey here, since I started in one place 3-4 months ago when I joined, and I am now here, which I did not expect.

The main connection I am drawing is, what language was spoken by the people in the Indus Valley Civilization? Most research up until now (outside of India) supports "Proto-Dravidian" or Tamil language. This is my goal, to show a connection using other texts.

I included salt for those who are interested in the Greek and New Testament, specifically this is to relate to Matthew 5:13-16 which is written as direct words of Jesus.

As I learn more I can add more, but for now this is what I know. I will be moving towards Tamil's greatest literary contribution, the Thirukkural.

Salt and Light​

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Salt of the earth is us, all of us, (217, we are makkal, human family). But if we lose this connection (family), how can we regain it? Calling ourselves humanity is not good for anything except to discarded and carried by our feet (as a means to separate us from the animals, and nothing more).

The 217 Tamil letters are the combination of the "soul" 12, and "body", 18, letters, 216 letters, plus the special letter, 217.

The total letters when you include the soul and body letters is 247.

Last edited:

River Sea

@GoodAttention @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Krishna was Moses during 1500 BCE and left the Indus Valley with the Yadavas and traveled to Israel or the Levant area. I don't think borders are similar like they are now.

There are no future kings, no Jesus, and no David.

There is no court system in spirituality that is similar to old kingdoms such as Jarasandha and Kamsa; Krishna had to fear due to this.

There aren't kings similar to old kingdoms, so Jesus is not the future king.

So why is @GoodAttention researching Tamil language pointing to Jesus as King when Jesus is not a future king?

@GoodAttention I can't add quote when I edit but you wrote, "I included salt for those who are interested in the Greek and New Testament, specifically this is to relate to Matthew 5:13-16 which is written as direct words of Jesus."

My response: I don't think this verse directs words of Jesus.

Last edited:

River Sea

I don't believe there is any evidence of trade using silver shekels or any type of currency, but I am also learning.

Whilst the language itself I consider to be ancient, the Tamils only became "centralized" under kingship and as an empire during the Sangam period, which starts circa 300BCE.

My personal opinion is the Tamil culture was far more matriarchal in nature, and I believe this is also reflected in the Indus Civilization. Hence why there were no buildings of temples or palaces by these people until much later.

@GoodAttention Maybe when it was matriarchal and before buildings it wasn't a court system similar to now on earth and/or old kingdoms. I don't know?

@GoodAttention I need to slow down so I can address areas. When I go to light, there's no old kingdom similar to Jarasandha and Kamsa and the fears that came about, for example, what Krishna went through. So by researching Tamil, I don't know how people thought back when there were old kingdoms, so it's different if we study them, but to project for the future as if similar to old kingdoms is what I will be disagreeing with. That being said, it makes it tricky for me to articulate. At times, as I research archeology, I sound as if I'm religious, perhaps, especially when I research Exodus. But I'm not religious, and there's no court system in the light. It's not at all similar to old kingdoms.

I included salt for those who are interested in the Greek and New Testament, specifically this is to relate to Matthew 5:13-16 which is written as direct words of Jesus.

I will quote this here, but please read my message above.

I hope I'm not going to accidentally ruin this for you as you @GoodAttention do your research on Tamil, so I will apologize if I do, and let's continue even if that happens. We'll just get through the optical then.

I think I probably think more as a Muslim when it comes to Jesus; I'm not 100% sure though. I keep forgetting how Muslims reason Jesus; there's areas I forget.

I'm not sure if Muslims have a future king as Jews and Christians have. Maybe a Muslim can help me with this area.

Keep in mind, as any Muslim who joins this thread, keep in mind that @GoodAttention is researching Tamil and I'm behind in all of this.

Not everyone has Jesus the same as Christians do., so when researching Tamil, I'm not sure what would happen if you @GoodAttention claimed Jesus in the Christian view only.

Maybe I'm mistaken and you're not doing this, @GoodAttention.

Maybe I'm wrong with all of this about Tamil.

Muslims please understand I'm not Muslim. I don't see me of any religions; what I would claim is I have similarities to religions; I think I'm more spiritualist, maybe it's called.

I do study archeology, so sometimes that gives a sense I'm religious. The difference about me is I don't have old kingdoms in spirituality.

I hope this makes sense.

I understand old kingdoms had happened, and some think spirituality is the same as old kingdoms with kings.

I don't think spirituality is a court system, while I understand some people think spirituality is a court system.

I understand we have a court system here on earth and that old kingdoms had a court system.

I can drink from light within me without a sense of a court system.

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Krishna was Moses during 1500 BCE and left the Indus Valley with the Yadavas and traveled to Israel or the Levant area. I don't think borders are similar like they are now.

There are no future kings, no Jesus, and no David.

There is no court system in spirituality that is similar to old kingdoms such as Jarasandha and Kamsa; Krishna had to fear due to this.

There aren't kings similar to old kingdoms, so Jesus is not the future king.

This is your opinion yes? Your belief is yours friend.
How did you express your belief? With words. Language is the only unifier, and this is the center of the Tamil language.
This does not mean Tamil language is "first" or "best", no, it specifically says that we are human family, makkal, equality.

You drink from light, but does light have a center? Does it have a beginning or end? It is there, or it is not.
But even when it is not there, it is never far. Even when it is far, when can see it. Can you drink if light is far?
The Sun is 1% oxygen, mostly hydrogen. We can say that perhaps the Sun is 1% water. So most of the light we see, but there is a part we also drink.

Or, for 99% of us we see the light, but 1% of us, we drink the light.

So why is @GoodAttention researching Tamil language pointing to Jesus as King when Jesus is not a future king?

@GoodAttention I can't add quote when I edit but you wrote, "I included salt for those who are interested in the Greek and New Testament, specifically this is to relate to Matthew 5:13-16 which is written as direct words of Jesus."

My response: I don't think this verse directs words of Jesus.

I believe whomever wrote Matthew was also aware of Tamil language, this is why I include it.
Words can be literal, metaphorical, poetic, descriptive, non-sensical.
We each have our own conclusions, but it is always nice to hear many meanings instead of one.

River Sea

You drink from light, but does light have a center? Does it have a beginning or end? It is there, or it is not.
But even when it is not there, it is never far. Even when it is far, when can see it. Can you drink if light is far?
The Sun is 1% oxygen, mostly hydrogen. We can say that perhaps the Sun is 1% water. So most of the light we see, but there is a part we also drink.

Or, for 99% of us we see the light, but 1% of us, we drink the light.

light is not the sun.

I don't know what light has, I think more of circle. So does a circle have beginning or end?

I would think me as middle a responder.

This does not mean Tamil language is "first" or "best", no, it specifically says that we are human family, makkal, equality.

I don't know what makkal is, so I'll need to look this up.

Thank you for calming me down.

GoodAttention

light is not the sun.

I don't know what light has, I think more of circle. So does a circle have beginning or end?

I would think me as middle a responder.

I don't know what makkal is, so I'll need to look this up.

Thank you for calming me down.

I referred to makkal in comment #4 I provide it here for you

The Tamil word for daughter is மகள் (magal), but adding the special letter ஃ into daughter மகள் becomes மஃகள் (makkal) meaning all humans.

Some could interpret this as saying we are all God's children, but in Tamil the meaning is more about family, or deeper meaning being we are made makkal by God.

I will take a break also and do further reading.

I understand :) No problem.

GoodAttention

As there was mention of the significance of numbers in another thread, I will attempt to provide the same for the Tamil language.

The first letter, ஃ which I call the God letter, stands alone. It is special because its presence can be both hidden and obvious, representing neither a vowel or consonant, but a gutteral sound from the back of the throat. It could be said the first sound, and therefore becomes the sign of God. It represents the number 1.

The soul letters as mentioned earlier are the vowels, total 12, or 2x3x2.

The body letters, which I describe as consonants, total 18, or 3x2x3.

When the vowel and consonant are combined to make syllables, this total is 216. Interestingly 216 could be considerd 1^3 x 2^3 x 3^3.

I mentioned earlier that 217 has significance, and is explained as humanity. This is the combination of 216 (as derived from the soul and body letters) with the first letter.

217 differs from 216 in that it represents humanity when God is added to the count. We can also "derive" a relationship as follows,

(God letter + Soul letters + Body letters) (31) x 7 = Humanity (217)

The significance of the number 7 is that it represents each birth a person will experience. Sitting in-between a YOLO and infinite birth (as expressed by the Vedic teaching), the number 7 I see as the best of both. We do not know if we are living our first or last, but at the same time we are not constrained by attempting to understand the infinite.

With each birth the argument to live a "good" life has personal motivation in that one can return to a "better" world. It also "reasons" suffering, in that one who does suffer can have solace in the belief that this will be their last life before they return to God. It is reincarnation with limits, which I see as a reflection of a Ionian society or mentality.

The total number of letters in the Tamil alphabet is 247. We can derive a reflection of each "step" of the Tamil Genesis story as follows,

(God) x (God + soul letters) x (God + body letters) = Alphabet (language) within which God is the center.

1 x (1 + 12) x (1 + 18) = 247

I find the use of prime numbers, within the humanity and language equations such as 1, 7, 13, 19, and 31 to be of interest.

River Sea

@GoodAttention Who came up with this idea that Saturn is bad luck? How come Ganapathi looks like an elephant?

(1) Ganapathi is Ganesh, remover of obstacles. Same diety, different name.

(2) Saturn, or Sani in Tamil, is considered to bring "negative energy" or in other words "bad luck". This is an astrological concept, I don't believe the Vedas or other scriptures talk about this specifically, but I could be wrong. In any case, the way I see it, if Saturn is "unlucky" then it is better to pray to Ganapathi to remove this obstacle, than it is to "submit" to Saturn by offering prays or whatnot.

@GoodAttention
As I explain, light is not the sun; light is spiritual life that feeds us. I really don't understand all about light, actually.

I'm confused by this saturn as bad luck.

I don't understand at all about planets and stars with bad luck or good luck. Who is Ganapathi in the Tamil

AI online

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

Vinayaka Chaturthi and Tamil delicacies - BeStorified

Ganapathi, also known as Ganesha, is a Hindu deity who is well-loved and worshipped in Tamil Nadu. He is also known by other names, including Vinayaka, Lambodara, and Pillaiyar.

Here are some ways that Ganesha is part of Tamil culture:

• Pillayar Suzhi
    A sacred symbol that resembles the letter "U" and is written before starting new ventures, such as writing a letter or document. It is used to denote good luck and auspiciousness.

• Tamil literature
    There are many works of Tamil literature dedicated to Ganesha, including Vinayagar Agaval by Avvaiyaar and works by Nambiyandar Nambi.

• Festivals
    There are many festivals to worship Ganesha, including Vinayaka Chathurthi, when people prepare modhakam to offer to the deity.

Ganesha is the son of Shiva and Parvati, and is known as the remover of obstacles and the lord of new beginnings. He is also the lord of ganas, or nature deities, and can take on a fearsome aspect.

@GoodAttention
My responding, yet how would the saturn be bad luck? Who came up with that about Saturn? What did Saturn do to anyone who then thinks bad luck?

How come Ganesha looks like an elephant?