• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashcroft Likely to Leave AG Post

Pah

Uber all member
Complete article here

Aides: Ashcroft Likely to Leave AG Post

Updated 2:07 PM ET November 4, 2004

By CURT ANDERSON

WASHINGTON (AP) - Attorney General John Ashcroft is likely to leave his post before the start of President Bush's second term, senior aides said Thursday.

Ashcroft, 62, is described as exhausted from leading the Justice Department in fighting the domestic war on terrorism since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Stress was a factor in Ashcroft's health problems earlier this year that resulted in removal of his gall bladder.

Ashcroft is expected to resign before Bush's Jan. 20 inauguration, said aides who spoke only on condition of anonymity. They said there is a small chance he would stay on, at least for a short time, if Bush asked him.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Powell and Ashcroft out - I hear that McConnell (true party line sycophant)is in, but I don't know who else. Anyone know who else will be in/out?

TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I've heard that Rumsfeld is definitely out - supposedly, he is now considered the Robert McNamara of this administration, and they can't wash their hands of him fast enough. It appears as though they might try to turn him into the fall guy for any troop strength related problems in the Middle East.

TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Let's just hope he keeps the true moderate of this administration - Dick Cheney - close at hand (we need the balance) :sarcastic

I also heard on NPR that he will make Wolfowitz his new Secretary of Defense after Rumsfeld vacates. You only thought Donald Rumsfeld was an overbearing, opinionated hawk. If this move does come to pass .... well .... Woof!

TVOR

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The Voice of Reason said:
Let's just hope he keeps the true moderate of this administration - Dick Cheney - close at hand (we need the balance) :sarcastic

I also heard on NPR that he will make Wolfowitz his new Secretary of Defense after Rumsfeld vacates. You only thought Donald Rumsfeld was an overbearing, opinionated hawk. If this move does come to pass .... well .... Woof!

TVOR
Oh i know i've heard about Wolfowitz as a possible candidate. I also heard Rice wants to move to Secretary of State or Secretary of Defense (before she becomes the new Commisioner of the NFL, and i'm not kidding). I've also heard about Rudy Giuliani being offered the Attorny General position. Any comments on that idea anyone?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's hard to imagine that Ashcroft's replacement could be worse than Ashcroft. Of course, this administration is known for its surprises....