• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Churches

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
We don't come to your door every Saturday, but we DO go in traffic and start knocking on peoples' car doors to tell them about the Holy Atheism. There are more cars than houses :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I have a question, what do Atheist Church believe?
Depends on the church. What do theist churches believe?

But seriously, there are atheist members of religious congregations ranging from Buddhism to UU to non-theist Quaker (which is a real thing: Nontheist Friends: Quaker atheists, agnostics, humanists, and others who practice Quakerism without supernatural beliefs)

So... what an "atheist church" believes depends on the particular atheists in that church. And many (most?) atheists don't belong to any church at all.

I can't really get more specific than that. Atheists are nothing if not diverse. :)

MrVirtualCoder

Computer Programmer.
We have churches?
Dang! Why don't they ever tell me these things?
Churches are as community centers for a specific set of beliefs, and do NOT, under ANY circumstances, require glass walls in each side, a huge Jesus-Cross on the top, NOR anything that implies a Theistic-religious belief.

Again, a church is but a place wherein believers of a specific cult, belief system, etc, can gather and do their usual thing. In the case of "non-Theism" i guess ranting would be a more appropriate description of such "gatherings".

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Churches are as community centers for a specific set of beliefs, and do NOT, under ANY circumstances, require glass walls in each side, a huge Jesus-Cross on the top, NOR anything that implies a Theistic-religious belief.

Again, a church is but a place wherein believers of a specific cult, belief system, etc, can gather and do their usual thing. In the case of "non-Theism" i guess ranting would be a more appropriate description of such "gatherings".

My usual thing, as an atheist (along with most others), is to go about my life as if there is no god. This requires little to no ranting, nor any community centers.