• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist looking for religious debate. Any religion. Let's see if I can be convinced.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
You only make yourself look foolish when you compare Messengers of God to magical pixies. The difference between the two is that there is no evidence that indicates that magical pixies exist whereas there is evidence that indicates that Messengers of God exist.

If atheists do not want to look foolish I suggest they not talk like this.
How dare you compare mere messengers to the great Magical Fairy Pixies! That is blasphemy!!
The messengers of the Magical Fairy Pixies are proof that the Magical Fairy Pixies exist. There is also evidence that the messengers of TMFPs exist. I am one and I know I exist.
Bow down before your pointy-slippered masters before it is too late!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here's another one by a gay atheist-

View attachment 56157
Another person that does not understand geography. Do you know how many small towns would have existed in Israel? The number could have easily been in the hundreds. You are trying to rely on an argument against the fringe of a group of people. Which is a very bad sign. When people cannot support their own beliefs they tend to go after the fringe of their opposition.

night912

Circular reasoning (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with.[1] The components of a circular argument are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

So here is my perfectly valid circular argument:

If the premise Baha’u’llah was a Messenger of God is true, then the conclusion God exists must be true.
So someone who claims to understand logic and was an A+ college student in logic can't even give a correct example of a perfectly valid circular argument, especially when she just copied and pasted the definition in the same exact post.

Sounds more like a student who got an "F" in Logic 101.

night912

You would lose that bet.
Ehrman himself says that he identifies as an agnostic Maybe he doesn't understand what that is. :D
Ok. Apparently you don't understand what an agnostic and an atheist is. Did you actually watch the whole video? If you didn't, then you definitely need to watch it. In that video, Ehrman also said that he identifies as an atheist. He also explains the difference between the two, and why he is both an agnostic and an atheist.

So going back to your statement, "Ehrman is not an atheist." You are simply wrong.

Dropship

..It still doesn't make any sense to say that people are "Messengers of God" when you've never shown that there is a God to begin with. They might as well be "Messengers of the Pixies."

Well "God is spirit.." (John 42:4), and as spirits can't be seen (not even in Ghost Encounters), God had to speak through the prophets and Jesus..:)
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And what evidence is that? What evidence should we be looking for? And how do we know what evidence we should be looking for?

It still doesn't make any sense to say that people are "Messengers of God" when you've never shown that there is a God to begin with. They might as well be "Messengers of the Pixies."
Baha'u'llah told us what the evidence is that supports His claims and there is other evidence aside from that evidence.

I posted the claims of Baha’u’llah and the evidence that supports the claims of Baha’u’llah on this thread:

Questions for knowledgeable Bahai / followers of Baha'u'llah

There is no way to show that there is 'a God to begin with' without the Messengers of God because the Messengers of God are the only way we can ever know that there is a God. As such we FIRST have to verify for ourselves that the Messenger was sent by God by looking at the evidence that supports His claims. THEN we know that the Messenger was making a legitimate claim to have been sent by God and we know there is a God.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well "God is spirit.." (John 42:4), and as spirits can't be seen (not even in Ghost Encounters), God had to speak through the prophets and Jesus..:)
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
Oh boy, another unverifiable claim from an old book.

When did someone demonstrate that spirits exist?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah told us what the evidence is that supports His claims and there is other evidence aside from that evidence.

I posted the claims of Baha’u’llah and the evidence that supports the claims of Baha’u’llah on this thread:

Questions for knowledgeable Bahai / followers of Baha'u'llah

There is no way to show that there is 'a God to begin with' without the Messengers of God because the Messengers of God are the only way we can ever know that there is a God. As such we FIRST have to verify for ourselves that the Messenger was sent by God by looking at the evidence that supports His claims. THEN we know that the Messenger was making a legitimate claim to have been sent by God and we know there is a God.
I've read these about 12 times now, since you keep posting them over and over.
I still don't see any evidence there, just more claims.