• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists View On Satanism?

MrVirtualCoder

Computer Programmer.
I'm wondering as to what you Atheists think about Satanism.
Seeing that Satanism is closer to the evolutionary-theoretical view on human lives, such as that we are "animals" - as an oppose to other Theistic beliefs(Abrahamic religions, etc).

gnomon

Seeing that Satanism is closer to the evolutionary-theoretical view on human lives, such as that we are "animals" - as an oppose to other Theistic beliefs(Abrahamic religions, etc).

I find it uninteresting.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You will needs be more specific as to which version of Satanism you are asking about.

NietzschesHammer

Freethinker
I just don't see the point in ridding oneself of one load of dogma, and then replacing it with another. I'm aware that LaVeyanism is essentially atheistic, but I don't want to give my mind away to any atheistic religion any more than I would to a theistic one.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
I just don't see the point in ridding oneself of one load of dogma, and then replacing it with another. I'm aware that LaVeyanism is essentially atheistic, but I don't want to give my mind away to any atheistic religion any more than I would to a theistic one.

It's moreover a philosophy than a religion. Most people practice it as one, the Satanic Churches are very hard to fine.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
Particulary, under the LaVeyan organization, the Grotto system has been abolished. Oh, and the word is find.

Not all members go to the GrottoOnline. Thanks for finding that spelling error, just very tired.

lunakilo

I am a bit confused as to what satanism is.

I tried reading some articles on it, but it doesn't seem to be a simple matter to write down so I kind of gave up on it.

Mostely I wonder why anyone would choose to use the word satan in their religion. Satan is usually taken to mean 'bad' for most people, so I wonder if people don't use the word because they like to provoke an emotional response from other people.

I mean why worship the big bad?
And if it is not worshiping the big bad, why call it satanism?

Qymaen

Strange Paradox
I am a bit confused as to what satanism is.

I tried reading some articles on it, but it doesn't seem to be a simple matter to write down so I kind of gave up on it.
I am in search of answers as well, but I do have some understanding of Satanism. At least I hope so.

Mostely I wonder why anyone would choose to use the word satan in their religion. Satan is usually taken to mean 'bad' for most people, so I wonder if people don't use the word because they like to provoke an emotional response from other people.

I mean why worship the big bad?
And if it is not worshiping the big bad, why call it satanism?
I think that's just it. Worshiping Satan is a way of resisting mainstream religious society. To me, worshiping the Devil is just like worshiping God. Satanists just worship someone different.

Of course different people have different reasons to worship Satan.

Qymaen

Strange Paradox

I find Satanism a little disconcerting. However that's mostly because of my vague, non-detailed, understanding of Satanists.

Probably just the leftover religion within my system.

Fraleyight

I know very little about this, but from what I understand satanism is mostly about worshiping yourself and fulfilling your personal needs. It sounds like it could work to live a happy life but something about living your life that way just doesn't sit right with me.