• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Azazel: God or Demon (or place)?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
In reading about Yom Kippur and the scapegoat ritual, one finds Azazel, often (conveniently) characterized as a demon.

But what distinguishes a demon from a god? And on what grounds does Wikipedia claim that it is neither demon nor god, but a location?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
In reading about Yom Kippur and the scapegoat ritual, one finds Azazel, often (conveniently) characterized as a demon.

But what distinguishes a demon from a god? And on what grounds does Wikipedia claim that it is neither demon nor god, but a location?
This is a fascinating question, but I'm afraid it is beyond me. I'm just going to relax and read the replies.

L'shana Tova

Yokefellow

In reading about Yom Kippur...

One day folks will learn that the Tabernacles and Temples in the Bible are scale models of a Eukaryotic Cell...

mhp-0707.png
mhp-0709.png

On the Day of Atonement, it switches roles to become symbolic of an Ovum about to be fertilized.

The High Priest carries the DNA of the parents (Goat + Bullock) all the way into the Most Holy Place to sprinkle the Blood, the Soul, the Life of the Child about to be conceived.

Seven Times... as in Nitrogen, the seventh element. Nitrogen = Fertilizer. Shmita = Nitrogen Cycle. Etc. Etc.

What was the point? God was showing the Israelites how to repair the DNA of all life on earth. Thus, the Tabernacles and Temples are also symbolic of Genetic Engineering Facilities. Ezekiel's Temple was to be the final lesson on how to create the Glorified Body without the need for a New Testament and the Blood of Jesus. The Israelites blew it...

and the scapegoat ritual, one finds Azazel, often (conveniently) characterized as a demon.

Not a demon. The Scapegoat represents the Child that is conceived as the Zygote is cast into the wilderness of the mother's womb.

The 'sins of the past' are the sins of the previous life. Yes, as in reincarnation. People have no idea...

And on what grounds does Wikipedia claim that it is neither demon nor god, but a location?

Location, location, location...

1727938658895.png

Lots of traveling to do in those forty weeks... oops, I mean forty years in the 'wilderness'. So much could go wrong. Will the goat survive?

Anyhow...

No doubt you will do your usual "yawn/snore/ignore" crap. Folks will probably post that stupid 'laughing Jackal' emoticon to indicate how superior their intelligence is and to fool the Simple Minded into thinking that I "need to take my meds"... bla bla bla. So tiresome. Meanwhile this forum dies. Why bother coming here to help enlighten? You people are your own worst enemy.

So don't bother posting your snide rude comments. I will not be returning to this thread. I doubt I will interact much more with folks here. It disgusts me to even be here. But they say that the enlightened must travel back to Plato's Cave, no matter how repugnant the people are inside.

Later and good luck.