• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning the Bible

Pah

Uber all member
Banning the Bible: RNC Scare Tactics Reach New Heights

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=17099

Letter from Ralph G. Neas to RNC Chair Ed Gillespie

Dear Mr. Gillespie,

The Republican National Committee’s recent mailings claiming that liberals want to ban the Bible represent a new low in dishonesty and political demonization. It seems there is no limit to the RNC’s cynical and deceptive exploitation of religious faith in pursuit of short-term political gain.

Claiming that liberals are out to destroy faith and family is stock in trade for Religious Right political leaders who have built empires based on fear and false charges. It is sad and somewhat stunning to have a national political party so fully embrace this destructive political tactic.

Your mailings are, I believe, particularly offensive to many people of faith. Millions of Americans – Christians, Jews, Muslims and others – view their faith as the touchstone of their work toward a freer and fairer society. To accuse people who disagree with you politically of being anti-faith is simply unconscionable.

Graphic of the mailer found here

New York Times Confirmation registration required

I can't understate the amount of disgust I have with this.

-pah-

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What's scary is that people believe this message simply because it gets repeated often enough. Not only in the RNC mailing, but on talk radio programs and from pulpits.

I think it was Hitler who said that for a lie to be believed all that needs to happen is that it gets repeated often enough.

Sunstone said:
What's scary is that people believe this message simply because it gets repeated often enough. Not only in the RNC mailing, but on talk radio programs and from pulpits.

I think it was Hitler who said that for a lie to be believed all that needs to happen is that it gets repeated often enough.

For all the complaints about negative campaigning...the sad truth is that it works. It works because the American people have become lazy...their memories are short and selective and many have as much critical thinking skills as a piece of lint. It seems that anything can become a 'fact' in peoples' minds simply because they hear the 'tale' often enough.

Unless Americans begin to take an active interest in learning the truth instead of relying on misleading ads, speeches and news reports, our country is going to be in for some really difficult and unpleasant times.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Wow - color me surprised. They play on the fears of people that are intellectually lazy, and the religious right. Anyone else see the large overlap between these two groups?

I saw Clinton on The Daily Show (a 1/2 hour comedy show that spoofs the news). He had what I thought was a very accurate quote: "When people think, we (the Democrats)win at the polls".
TVOR