• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bare Minimum

Ringer

Jar of Clay
John 3:16 maybe?

I would say love but from what I can tell in the scriptures, love isn't enough to receive salvation.

TurkeyOnRye

Maybe not a religion, but a philosophy.

Love for others, above all, is the most important thing in life.
NOTHING matters.
The mind is only a filter that we can laugh at.

I'd say that's enough for initiation.

lunamoth

Will to love
John 3:16 maybe?

I would say love but from what I can tell in the scriptures, love isn't enough to receive salvation.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Just wanted post the verse so everyone could read it Ringer, since this is the Comparative section.

Thank you. :)

Dunemeister

For Christians, the "bare minimum" is what it takes to "be saved." So the bare minimum is expressed in Romans 10:9. If you confess with your mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. Things like John 3:16 are related, but one might believe that yet not be a saved person. For you might believe that God so loved the world that he sent his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will have eternal life. But you might ALSO believe that God didn't raise him from the dead. But if he hasn't been raised, our faith is in vain and we're still in our sins. So the resurrection is absolutely essential from a Christian standpoint. You might also believe John 3:16 without believing that Jesus is Lord. But without submission to Jesus as Lord, you don't have the right attitude toward him (or God). So subordination is also key.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Jesus is the Son of God, born of a virgin, was crucified on the cross, died was laid in a tomb and rose again on the 3rd day....also, Father, Son and Holy Ghost :bow:
Minimum Requirements.