• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bastet and Maize - together.......

Pah

Uber all member
It is not often that you run across "Bastet" used in an article. But NewScientist came today and I was reading a piece of Egyptians loving their animals as evidenced by the mummification used with them. It was mentioned that the cat was a symbol of the Egyptian goddess of joy and protection - BASTET

Pleased to see one of our own in print, I started to read another article about a new method of applying pesticide. Lo, and behold, one of the crops mentioned in testing the method was - MAIZE. Both, yeah both, on the same page!!!!!

I wonder if any of our ID's have been seen in other places than ReligiousForums?

-pah-

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Oh my.... I admit to being slightly alarmed when I saw the title of the thread.... that's great pah, thanks! :D

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I was a tad worried too...thinking "OMG, what pictures has he found?! Oh, wait...there are no pictures...unless someone with a telephoto lens took them while I wasn't looking..." :p

That's cool, pah! Thanks for sharing.:D