• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beleivers and discrimination

AdamEve

I wonder how many beleivers agree with discrimination of women and homosexuals as practiced by church. Those that do not agree but still support church how do you feal about it. I wonder if such beleivers would withdraw their support church would change its retorics in no time. Church most important belief is the one in money and it will not secrife it for any other that is currently preaching.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I wonder how many beleivers agree with discrimination of women and homosexuals as practiced by church. Those that do not agree but still support church how do you feal about it. I wonder if such beleivers would withdraw their support church would change its retorics in no time. .

I have never been to a church that discriminates against homosexuals nor women.

Church most important belief is the one in money and it will not secrife it for any other that is currently preaching.
How did you come to that conclusion? Or what do you base such an accusation on?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Believers in what? God? Christianity? Any religion?

I personally disagree with the discrimination against women and homosexuals in all religions that show such discrimination.

krsnaraja

Believers in what? God? Christianity? Any religion?

I personally disagree with the discrimination against women and homosexuals in all religions that show such discrimination.

Question: Do nudists go to church? Answer: There`s sign outside the church of a the nudist colony that says, " All erections are not allowed entry."

Man of Faith

That may be true, but we don't generally treat those that we don't want to marry as 2nd class citizens.

Say what? We don't answer the door for them, don't answer the phone, defriend them on facebook, make anti-stalking laws so we can have them arrested if they come to our work. If they threaten to commit suicide we still discriminate against them and don’t marry them. We avoid them at all costs, stop going to places they are at, won’t let them hug and kiss us. I’m sure they feel terrible.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Say what? We don't answer the door for them, don't answer the phone, defriend them on facebook, make anti-stalking laws so we can have them arrested if they come to our work. If they threaten to commit suicide we still discriminate against them and don’t marry them. We avoid them at all costs, stop going to places they are at, won’t let them hug and kiss us. I’m sure they feel terrible.

you're kidding right?
i hope your'e kidding....
please be kidding.

javajo

Lol!? Stalked much?

Splarnst

To discriminate means to treat differently. You certainly have been to a church that treats women (i.e., no ordination) and homosexuals (i.e., no marriage) differently. You just think the discrimination is justified, like it's justified discrimination not to hire men as surrogate mothers. There's no question that not ordaining women as priests is discrimination since it's differentiated, categorical treatment; the only question is whether it's justified.

If a white person operated a business and never hired any black people, claimed that black people are automatically unqualified solely because they're not white, and then claimed they "didn't discriminate against black people," you would rightly call them a liar and bigot.

But when the all-male clergy operates a church and never ordains any women, claims that women are automatically unqualified to be priests solely because they're not men, you claim they "don't discriminate against women."

Really?

Last edited:

Agnostic75

JacobEzra said:

It depends upon how you define discrimination. Some Christian denominations will not ordain women, and will not ordain known homosexuals. In addition, I think that some denominations that allow known homosexuals to attend their churches will not allow them to become members. However, they will still take their money.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
To discriminate means to treat differently. You certainly have been to a church that treats women (i.e., no ordination) and homosexuals (i.e., no marriage) differently. You just think the discrimination is justified, like it's justified discrimination not to hire men as surrogate mothers. There's no question that not ordaining women as priests is discrimination since it's differentiated, categorical treatment; the only question is whether it's justified.

If a white person operated a business and never hired any black people, claimed that black people are automatically unqualified solely because they're not white, and then claimed they "didn't discriminate against black people," you would rightly call them a liar and bigot.

But when the all-male clergy operates a church and never ordains any women, claims that women are automatically unqualified to be priests solely because they're not men, you claim they "don't discriminate against women."

Really?
Catholic church teaches women have different vocations and homosexual marriage is sinful.

Much different then racism.