• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belief in Belief

Absolutely.

Religion is about false promise, and false conciliation. It gives comfort, inspiration and molds society along it's preconceived ideas and strange morality (which is often quite immoral).

To know the truth, what is real, ultimately has to enable us to make the right decisions. The right moral decisions based on educated, rationed and reasoned thoughts by a panel of experts and the wills of society. Not by uneducated arabs, 2000 years ago in the desert, that condoned slavery, butchery and rape.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Would we have a better world if more of us would focus on (scientific) knowledge rather than (supernatural) belief?
They need not be mutually exclusive. And while the world would benefit from a population that relied more on reason than emotion, feelings, and sentiment when making decisions, the fact is, in order to get through life a great many people need the emotional support that a belief in the supernatural provides.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They do exist alright. I've met a Buddhist Priest who seems to believe that Quantum Theory may validade... something. I never quite understood what.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
They do exist alright. I've met a Buddhist Priest who seems to believe that Quantum Theory may validade... something. I never quite understood what.

Yeah there's a lot of that. I hate it. I battle it all the time.

Wigner, Bohm, von Neumann... all of them brought a lot of shame and new age mumbo jumbo upon popular conceptions of physics by taking seriously the ill-fated proposition that consciousness causes collapse of a real wave-function.

I think actually John Wheeler was part of that too. In fact yeah, he was.

Silly genius physicists and their terrible metaphysics. :facepalm:

At least Heisenberg, Einstein, Bohr, and afterward von Neumann and Wheeler themselves later realized the horrific nature of the ontological blunders associated with quantum quackery.

Poor David Bohm though. He was always pretty gullible... his pal Krishnumarti or whatever his name was had him hook line and sinker into some crappy, vague metaphysics from start to end.

Last edited:

Walkntune

Yeah there's a lot of that. I hate it. I battle it all the time.

Wigner, Bohm, von Neumann... all of them brought a lot of shame and new age mumbo jumbo upon popular conceptions of physics by taking seriously the ill-fated proposition that consciousness causes collapse of a real wave-function.

I think actually John Wheeler was part of that too. In fact yeah, he was.

Silly genius physicists and their terrible metaphysics. :facepalm:

At least Heisenberg, Einstein, Bohr, and afterward von Neumann and Wheeler themselves later realized the horrific nature of the ontological blunders associated with quantum quackery.

Poor David Bohm though. He was always pretty gullible... his pal Krishnumarti or whatever his name was had him hook line and sinker into some crappy, vague metaphysics from start to end.
Have you ever lost your car keys and calmed down and then realised they are right in front of your face? Consciousness can only see that which we allow it to see.
Problems can never be solved at the same level of consciousness in which they were created in.
Since i can prove with just a little common example that happens consistently with humans of how we can not see all of reality by being frustrated and looking for something that we can be staring at the whole time like lost car keys, I would like proof that our consciousness is all the way open and there is not an awareness right in front of everyone's face that we can not see.
I believe there is a place in reality where we can only move forward with intuition as we will not allow our awareness to go.
Science is consistently having to change but of course people are just allowing the consciousness or awareness of reality to expand.
Fear closes the awareness and faith opens it.
Control of consciousness is the real illusion.