• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believing men

Jeyzeus

To be Christian is to believe wholeheartedly in what Man says and not what God says. If you are willing to believe the bible is inspired, then you again believe what man has said. Everything you know is what previous generations of men have told you to believe.

4consideration

Premium Member
To be Christian is to believe wholeheartedly in what Man says and not what God says. If you are willing to believe the bible is inspired, then you again believe what man has said. Everything you know is what previous generations of men have told you to believe.

Hello there Jeyzeus!

1. Welcome to RF.

2. Do you include yourself in that last sentence? If not, what is it that you know that has not been influenced by anyone that came before you?

Jeyzeus

I would have to say I am influenced by our society, but certain things which it tells me has to be questioned. I don't hold the same beliefs about women as my dad does, and that's a good thing.

4consideration

Premium Member
I would have to say I am influenced by our society, but certain things which it tells me has to be questioned. I don't hold the same beliefs about women as my dad does, and that's a good thing.

I agree with these two statements, but I don't see how they relate to what you said in the opening.

Jeyzeus

I was making a statement about how people feel like they have "special" knowledge about what a God wants/says/does. But in the end, all people have is the information that those who have come before them have given them.

Because we accept this information as true to ourselves, does not mean it is God's words.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I was making a statement about how people feel like they have "special" knowledge about what a God wants/says/does. But in the end, all people have is the information that those who have come before them have given them.

Because we accept this information as true to ourselves, does not mean it is God's words.

To what end?

Sure, some people feel like they have "special knowledge", and they are committing the old Greek sin of hubris. I, myself, have been trying to do away with this.

But most people, from what I've seen, aren't like that.