• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best (vegan) sauce for falafel ?

ronki23

I'm on a vegan and gluten free diet (not out of choice) and I often eat tortilla chips with guacamole/salsa, gluten free pasta with vegan cheese (arabiatta) and meat-free shawarma and houmous in a gluten free wrap.

What about falafel? Harissa is the only thing I can think of that goes with it.

ronki23

It's not easy finding vegan friendly gluten free bread as sometimes they put egg white or milk in it.

I have to eat vegan and gluten free for at least 40 days straight to do a detox.

MikeF

Premium Member
I'm on a vegan and gluten free diet (not out of choice) and I often eat tortilla chips with guacamole/salsa, gluten free pasta with vegan cheese (arabiatta) and meat-free shawarma and houmous in a gluten free wrap.

Our family makes a cucumber/dill yogurt sauce to dip or use as sauce with the falafel and fresh veg.

ronki23

Our family makes a cucumber/dill yogurt sauce to dip or use as sauce with the falafel and fresh veg.

I eat falafel with hummus all the time. Baba ganoush also works, as does tahini.

I'm so fortunate that my 3 favourite cuisines (Mexican, Middle Eastern and Indian) can be done with few modifications on a vegan and gluten free diet.

Chinese and Korean food isn't easy to do because they're meat heavy (tofu works) and gluten free noodles really suck: especially their texture. I can't eat rice either.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Yes falafel goes with houmous but they're basically the same thing (chickpea). Tahini is possible.

What's the difference between baba ganoush and moussaka?
Baba Ganoush is where you roast an eggplant, mash it and mix it with garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon, and spices to make a dip/spread. It's quite delicious. Moussaka is a layered dish like lasagne featuring eggplant. You can thin some tahini with water and/or olive oil to make a nice sauce for falafel (Layered in a pita pocket with tomato, cucumber, marinated onion, and hot peppers with the tahini sauce.)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'm so fortunate that my 3 favourite cuisines (Mexican, Middle Eastern and Indian) can be done with few modifications on a vegan and gluten free diet.
Indian vegetarian cuisine is a gift from the gods, Many, however, are not vegan (e.g., saag and mutter paneer).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Baba ganouzh is wonderful, but there is an even better treat....
Traditional Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce) Recipe
This stuff is insanely good...if you like garlic.

Last edited: