• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware: A dead snake may bite too.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
WASHINGTON: Snakes can be dangerous even after they are dead as they retain reflexes hours after death. “A snake’s post-mortem movements are fueled by the ions, or electrically charged particles, which remain in the nerve cells of a snake for several hours after it dies,” Steven Beaupre, professor at the University of Arkansas in the US, said. When the nerve of a newly dead snake is stimulated, the channels in the nerve will open up, allowing ions to pass through. This creates an electrical impulse that enables the muscle to carry out a reflexive action, like a bite.
(Hindustan Times report today)

These actions do not depend on the will of a God.

Chakra

Premium Member
How does it contradict the will of God in any way? This is simply the nature of snakes. It is God who ordained it to be so anyway.

Last edited:

Kielbasa

Lackey
How does it contradict the will of God in any way? This is simply the nature of snakes. It is God who ordained it to be so.

The last time I killed a snake, I followed up by chopping its head off with a shovel. What is the equivalent response for dealing with religion?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The last time I killed a snake, I followed up by chopping its head off with a shovel. What is the equivalent response for dealing with religion?

If chopping off heads is your solution, then I would say you and religion should deal with each other and leave the rest of us out of it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
WASHINGTON: Snakes can be dangerous even after they are dead as they retain reflexes hours after death. “A snake’s post-mortem movements are fueled by the ions, or electrically charged particles, which remain in the nerve cells of a snake for several hours after it dies,” Steven Beaupre, professor at the University of Arkansas in the US, said. When the nerve of a newly dead snake is stimulated, the channels in the nerve will open up, allowing ions to pass through. This creates an electrical impulse that enables the muscle to carry out a reflexive action, like a bite.

I learned this by watching a TV show about what not to do around deadly snakes.
Upshot: Don't play with deadly snakes, even when dead. They can still strike & kill.

Kielbasa

Lackey
If chopping off heads is your solution, then I would say you and religion should deal with each other and leave the rest of us out of it.

It was the way I dealt with a cottonmouth on a path being traveled by schoolchildren that day. I was asking how this translates to dealing with theological matters and the human experience.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I do not understand what you want to debate in this Religious Debates thread. You might have an issue I'm missing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was the way I dealt with a cottonmouth on a path being traveled by schoolchildren that day. I was asking how this translates to dealing with theological matters and the human experience.
Easy! Are you anxious to find out if there's an afterlife?
Or can you wait? If you can wait, then don't pick up the dead snake.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are cottonmouths in Maryland?!