• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Study-13 (Church & State)

Gcront

Bible Study-13 (Church & State)

I have heard much on this subject especially of the churches, so I thought I should go farther. We find that this separation of church and state only to became an issue long after the writing of the Old and New Testament of the Bible, or even many years since the time of Christ here on earth. Going back in the time of ancient Greece and Rome, we find where they had two very closely related bodies handling both, this was also the religious and also the government affairs, so between these two conflicting opinions seldom ever arose. So these many problems were only to become serious, within the latter days of the Roman’s Rule, which was also after Christianity had also, became their state religion.
This was around the years of 380AD; this was when their position on the Christian’s Churches became an urgent question. It was also believed that it was during this reign of Poke Glasses I, which was within the years of 492 to 496AD, which they then came up with a doctrine of equality between the church and also the government. Then also latter there was also another agreement met, especially between the poke and a very civil government, to regulate the affairs of the Roman Catholic Church within the state.

Then also once again in the middle ages, this brought a struggle between the Roman Catholic Church and the various European rulers, this conflict over these spiritual religious authority led to many religious wars in several of these countries. Then also latter there was another agreement met, especially between the poke and a very civil government, to regulate the affairs of the Roman Catholic Church within the state. Then also once again in the Middle Ages, this brought a struggle between the Roman Catholic Church and the various European rulers.
It was from these many disagreement over time in England in the 1600’s that was the results of England’s civil wars, a conflict that brought many settlers into the new world during that very time, with only a Bible for their roadmap. This was back mostly in the Old Testament, and also some in the New Testament when the Bible were being wrote, God was then asking for ten-percent tithes. This was to take care of the Tabernacle and the priest, and also the government, the schools, the widows, the orphans and the needed, which was then their welfare.

There is much Scripture but for now we will go back to the Book of Deuteronomy-14: 22-“Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.”
14:23-“And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.”
14:28-“At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:”
14:29”-And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.”

Now today the separation of church state they only has to take care of only the first two the priest and Tabernacle, with our government and our many taxes now having the great burden of footing the rest. Coming from the break up of these churches, first the Jews and the Protestants, then the many break ups among our many Christians churches of yesterday. Then was the same then as today, this money was then getting harder and harder to come about.
This is when the government had to take over these many tasks; this is when they started the separation of church and state. We are now still hearing many of our churches still preaching on these very same tithes, this is as many of our churches are still shouting and dancing through out many of our churches of today. They never mention what the Bible was then talking about, or never hear them talk about what the Bible says, where these tithes was suppose to have been used for.

I know that if our churches still having to finance these many tasks of today as they did then. Then for sure this ten-percent would not have been able to go any place, not with what our schools and welfare now has to operate on today. Now comes the greatest question of them all, with man now having to pay their high taxes unto the government and also these same tithes unto the churches both. What are our churches now using they’re own ten percent for, these tithes what they are still asking and demanding today? This is the same ten-percent that they are still asking and begging for today, this is also to go along with they’re many other pledges that they are now pleading for.
After the government has now lifted this biggest and greatest of all burden, which our churches once had on their shoulders. Even today when a needed family go before most of our churches, then the church only go before their congregation. That they might make up this money from their congregation, but never once touching their church’s own tithes that once went to the poor, a tithe that now only goes into the pocket of our churches, and their many leaders of today.

Now many of our church leaders believe that this money from these tithes, only belongs to them after the government has now taken over this great burden. And that it is now to be used only for their very own greed and glory, adding only upon their own blessing of thanksgiving coming from the glory of God. This was after our country or government has delivered and separated them from there once duties unto God, with this separation of our church and state. This is the reason that most of our churches are now more willing to fight for these tithes, which they think to have now become theirs own property.
We are now still hearing our many churches still preaching on these very same tithes, that the Bible was then once talking about, but we never once hear them talk about what the Bible says, which these tithes are suppose to be use for. I know that if our churches still had to finance these many tasks of today as they did then. Then for sure this ten-percent would not be able to go any place, with what our schools and our welfare are now having to operate on today.

Now comes the greatest question of them all, with man now having to pay their taxes and tithes both. What are our churches now using they’re own ten percent for, which they are now still asking for today? This is the same ten-percent that they are still asking and begging for today, along also with they’re many other pledges. After the government has now lifted this biggest and greatest of all burden, which our churches once had on their shoulders before the separation of church and state.
Even today when a needed family go before most of our churches, then the church only go before their congregation. That they might make up this money from their congregation, but never once touching the church’s own tithes, that now only goes into the pocket of our churches – and their many leaders of today. With our government taking these many things off of our churches, leaving the church only with their very own expenses of operating.

Then we still find many pastors, who like to say that we the people are robbing God of this very same ten-percent. Then if our churches claim that we the people are robbing God, then what are our churches doing to our government, our schools, our widows, our orphans, and also our welfare? For this is what our tithe within our churches once had to take care of from within these same tithes, which was then coming from this very same ten-percent that the Bible was then talking about.
This was what our Bible was at that time asking for these tithes that might fulfill the warehouse or need of God, and not for the riches of our church leaders? I know that our churches, they have to have money to run themselves. With this high cost that we have today, and with the high cost of getting their message out. But I think that they should first get their priorities straight with God, before they say or accused that anyone is robbing God, especially with the way our churches are now begging for these tithes, and also demanding these many other pledges of today.

Tithes, the giving of ten-percent was only mention a very few times in the Old Testament, and then even much less in the New Testament. Then through out the Bible we find far more of what these tithes are suppose to have been used for, far more than we did in giving of them. Then we also have to understand that it take money to run a church, but yet in the Bible this is mention much less than anything else, when it comes to this storehouse of God.
We find now today not only our pastors, but also when anyone else have a very small part in most of our churches, they have to be put on a very good paying salary. I can remember back, when many families only had a chicken to give their pastor, and he was proud to get it, which he might find food to put on his own table. Now when we have a new pastor of this high-education moves into most of our churches, the first thing that they want to know is the number of their membership, and how much is they’re offering.

Thank you and God Bless
Herbert

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
This should be fun. :)
Gcront said:
So these many problems were only to become serious, within the latter days of the Roman’s Rule, which was also after Christianity had also, became their state religion.
This is often confused with the Church leaders making the calls for all political matters. This wasn't the case most the times. In fact it the other way around. The emperor integrated himself into Church affairs. People tend to miss this part. ;)
Gcront said:
This was around the years of 380AD; this was when their position on the Christian’s Churches became an urgent question. It was also believed that it was during this reign of Poke Glasses I, which was within the years of 492 to 496AD, which they then came up with a doctrine of equality between the church and also the government.
Poke Glasses? :biglaugh: That sounds funny. Who is this? Did you mean to say Pope? Who is Glasses? By the way, can you name these various Christian churches? Or were you only talking the Catholic Church?
Gcront said:
Then also once again in the middle ages, this brought a struggle between the Roman Catholic Church and the various European rulers, this conflict over these spiritual religious authority led to many religious wars in several of these countries. Then also latter there was another agreement met, especially between the poke and a very civil government, to regulate the affairs of the Roman Catholic Church within the state. Then also once again in the Middle Ages, this brought a struggle between the Roman Catholic Church and the various European rulers.
Your so vague in your language that it's difficult to know what and where your talking about.
Gcront said:
Now today the separation of church state they only has to take care of only the first two the priest and Tabernacle, with our government and our many taxes now having the great burden of footing the rest. Coming from the break up of these churches, first the Jews and the Protestants, then the many break ups among our many Christians churches of yesterday. Then was the same then as today, this money was then getting harder and harder to come about.
I hope I'm misunderstanding you but did you just say that the Protestants seperated from the Jews?
Gcront said:
This is when the government had to take over these many tasks; this is when they started the separation of church and state. We are now still hearing many of our churches still preaching on these very same tithes, this is as many of our churches are still shouting and dancing through out many of our churches of today. They never mention what the Bible was then talking about, or never hear them talk about what the Bible says, where these tithes was suppose to have been used for.
For Church function. Circumstances of the Church do dictate tithing but I would assume God is wise and smart enough to forsee all this coming
Gcront said:
I know that if our churches still having to finance these many tasks of today as they did then. Then for sure this ten-percent would not have been able to go any place, not with what our schools and welfare now has to operate on today. Now comes the greatest question of them all, with man now having to pay their high taxes unto the government and also these same tithes unto the churches both. What are our churches now using they’re own ten percent for, these tithes what they are still asking and demanding today? This is the same ten-percent that they are still asking and begging for today, this is also to go along with they’re many other pledges that they are now pleading for.
After the government has now lifted this biggest and greatest of all burden, which our churches once had on their shoulders. Even today when a needed family go before most of our churches, then the church only go before their congregation. That they might make up this money from their congregation, but never once touching their church’s own tithes that once went to the poor, a tithe that now only goes into the pocket of our churches, and their many leaders of today.
I suppose if you believe that the Holy Spirit is running the show, you shouldn't really worry about it. Although I would encourage you voice your opinion. But I'm sure God has it all handled. :bounce

~Victor

Gcront

To my friend Victor

I got most of this old information coming from the Old World about the Romens and Catholic, this imformation mostly came from the World Book Encyclope. Then after coming to the New World this is where I picked up mostly on the seperation of Church and State, and what we are now having to facing as Christians, coming from our churches and state as we now also have to face our government.

Thank you and God Bless
Herbert