• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Study-19 (Speaking of Tongues)

Gcront

Bible Study-19 (Speaking of Tongues)

After two years in 53-57AD after the Books of Thessalonians we find God once again sowing the seed of his Gospel unto Paul in the Book of Galatians, bringing him within the word of God. With God remembering his promise to Abraham, God once again confirmed this promise through Paul, in this same Gospel of Galatians. 3:14-“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of his Spirit through faith.”
3:17-“And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of mine effect.”

3:18-“For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.”
3:19-“Therefore them serveth the law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.”

This tongue that they spoke on the day of Pentecost, it was not known as an unknown tongue, but a tongue that everyone on earth would and could understand. This was a tongue or something that had not happened here on earth, for over many several thousands of years. For here on earth only then if anyone man spoke, everyone on earth would and could understand. This goes all the way backs to the building of the tower of Babel; this is when God was the only one that did the separation of man.
For God then turned the world’s only language into many different languages, here God divided the culture of man over all the earth. The tongue that was then to became the gift from the Holy Ghost; it was something very different. It was only a tongue to be spoken unto God, a tongue that even the interpreters had to get their own interpretation from the will of God.

On the day of Pentecost, here the Spirit represented the Holy Ghost it’s own-self. This was the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of the Father and the Son in one, the Spirits that was representing a great Godhead as it came down upon the earth as a mighty wind. This Spirit of the Holy Ghost was not one of the Godhead’s gifts; it was a Spirit that dwells only within the Godhead its own self now coming to earth from Christ to act as Christ’s teacher.
This other Spirit was known as another entire different spirit, which was known only as being the unknown tongue to man, or tongue of fire here on earth. The Holy Ghost was really the Spirit of Truth; this was the one and only Comforter, which had came from within the Godhead. Which were speaking and interpreting the one and only tongue, so that once again everyone on earth could understand – as was spoken on the day of Pentecost.

Studying and going into the Book of First Corinthians in 55-56AD, we find Paul to first mention tongues for the first time in the New Testament after the Book of Acts, but were very crucial through out this whole book trying to also explain these gifts. I was very surprise to find that at this very time, Paul would or should have been trying to bring up the gifts of the Holy Ghost for the first time. This was then only twenty-five to twenty six years after the day of Pentecost in 30.AD
Paul was even back then was becoming very dissatisfied, with how the people then had already started to misuse these many gifts. For then they had already then started to becoming corrupted, from being within the missed use and sinful hands of man, for it had only then been twenty-five critical years – as also described within this same Book of First Corinthians.

Studying the Spiritual Gifts, as Paul first named them within the Book of First Corinthians in the year of 55-56AD. This was twenty-five years after the day of Pentecost, 1st-apostles, 2nd-prophets, 3rd-teachers, 4th-miracles, 5th-gift of healing, 6th-helps of government, 7th-wisdom, 8th-faith, 9th-knowledge, 10th-dicerning of spirits, 11th-tongues, 12th-interpretation of tongues.
In the Book of First Corinthians we find for the first time the numbering of the Spiritual Gifts, 12:8-“For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;”

12:9-“To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gift of healing by the same Spirit:”
12:10-“To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kind of tongues; to another the interpretation:”
12:28-“And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gift of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.”

But we also find Paul to have much more to say about this in the same Book of First Corinthians, 14:1-“Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.”
14:2-“For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.”
14:3-“But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.”
14:4-“He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.”

14:18-“I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:”
14:19-“Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my the voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.”
14:22-“Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.”

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert