• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Study-Two

Gcront

Bible Study-Two

The Rapture
I wish that I could write and find more encouragement about this word Rapture, for it is a word with a very-very sweet sound to us all, but studying all the old time Bible Scholars, there is nothing there. You can study the whole Bible, and there is nothing there. You can study all of Jesus’ teaching, and there is nothing there about this word Rapture. You can study all the historical prophecies of old, and there is nothing about this subject. Even most all of our large dictionary, cannot even confine or put this word Rapture together.
They write on one line that this is a state of being carried away with joy, then on the very next line they write that it is a seizer being carried away by violence. They then write that this is also the same as the rapture of a storm, being the ravishment of affliction. The only thing that Christ made very plain, was about his second coming that no man would know the time, and he sure didn’t lay out a map with a time limit when this shall come to pass.

The only thing that Christ talked about was that in the last days of Tribulations, that this time limit would have to be shorten for the very elects sake, or there would be no flesh saved. If Christ should then had Rapture the ordinary Christians out, then why would he have left these that was his very elect here to face these three and a half years of Tribulations and also three and a half years of Great Tribulations. With these very elect of God, being his very chosen people here on earth.
I don’t believe that God would have Rapture his ordinary Christians out, and then left his very elect here to face the Tribulations. This could have then only been that our many pastors was trying to pull this word Rapture together with their own great joy; this is that our pastors might build up their own congregation when it comes to their money givers. While they are living here in the last days, then we find in the Book of St. Matthew what Christ had to say about the last days.

Matt. 24:21-“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.”
24:22-“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”
24:24-“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”
24:25-“Behold, I have told you before.”
24:26-“Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert go not forth: behold, he is in secret chamber; believe it not.”

24:27-“For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
24:29-“Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:”
24:30-“And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in the heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

With our churches shaking and rocking on the inside, this is while our schools, government and everything else that God has given us the church domain over, we find that our courts have now frozen our God out. With and from our many trespasses, we rather think about God's Rapture unto the churches, before having to face God’s wrath here in our Tribulations, which is only coming from our own many down fall of the churches.
When I was growing up, our country it was also facing one of its own biggest changes within its own Christianity. For this was when we both were growing up at the same time, my Country and I and with us both becoming adults to sin at the same time. This is when we was also going through one of our biggest and greatest changes, I did not then realize that also my own country was also going through one of its own greatest change, within its own history of the age of time.

Looking through the complete Bible, the New and Old Testament, we can only find these two days prophesied through out the whole Bible. With his first day being the great day of the Lord, and also his second day being the dreadful or terrible day of the Lord. The great day was the first day that Christ came to earth as our Savior; the dreadful day shall be his Second Coming. This is when he shall come back within all his power and glories, the same as we have found in Christ’s teachings through out the Book of St. Matthews.
Now we also find only the prophecies of these two different days of the Lord coming, from the Book of Joel. 2:30-“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke”
2:31-“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before (the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.)”
2:32-“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”

We also find this same prophecy in the Book of Malachi: 4:1-“For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.”
4:2-“But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3-“And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.”
4:5-“Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of (the great and dreadful day of the Lord.)”
4:6-“And he shall turn the heart of the father to the children, and the heart of the children to their father, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”

After these many prophesy we still find where many of our pastors, and also many of our teachers are still trying to take a word, in which cannot be founded neither in the New – nor the Old Testament. They are trying to squeeze this word in between the great day of the Lord, and the dreadful day of the Lord, which they are now calling it the day of Rapture, which is unknown to any and all the prophecies written within the word of God.
They gladly rejoice and Glorify as they leave out the two most dreaded used words in the whole Bible, which are Wrath and Tribulations, and replace them with they’re most beloved word, (Rapture.) This is also from knowing that our sins are many, and after God has given us the church domain over all things, and are now having to face the corruption that our country has now become.

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert

nutshell

Thank you for the interesting post. I, myself, have never understood the concept of the rapture, and I have yet to see Biblical evidence supporting it.

I tried to read those popular Christian books about the last days, but it was all about the rapture, something I don't believe in, so I couldn't get into them.

A

angellous_evangellous

You have demonstrated that it doesn't take much to disprove the idea of the rapture.

Gcront

To all.

With the first seed of God's Gospel, which was then the fulfilling of the New Testament. Christ was then first telling his people not to be ignorant, when it comes to the ones that sleep, and also the ones that are still living. For if we believed that Jesus once died and rose, then also will God bring the ones that sleep in Christ with him. Here Paul is telling us that God will also bring the saints that had already died with him, not latter but with him and there is nothing about this sooner or later.
This was then and there right after Christ had first risen that God would bring these many saints, after Christ’s own resurrection. This was when God shall and has now already brought forth the saints from out of their graves, being the first rapture of the dead.
This is the first message that we find coming out of the first prophecy, coming from Christ in his New Kingdom, coming from the Book of First Thessalonians.4:13-“But I would not have you be ignorant, Brethren, Concerning them which are asleep, that yea sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”
4:14-“For if we believe that Christ died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Christ will God bring with him.”

Also in the Book of First Thessalonians we also find Paul, saying by the word of our Lord himself. This could have only been while Christ was still living here on earth. With this being before the resurrection of Christ, then at this very same time the dead in Christ had not risen, nor even at this very time – had Christ yet died. 1-Tess-5:14-“For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which asleep.”
5:16-“For the Lord himself shall descent from heaven with a shout with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;”

After the three days then came the resurrection of our Christ, Lord and Savior, once again the Great Heavens opened up with all of its great glory! The joy of a Father, the Lord God himself descended upon Heaven; with a great shout of gladness, which rung out all over the Great Heavens! Then with the voice of an Archangel, the Father went forth, and with the trump of God, Christ rose and came out of his tomb.
Not only Christ but also the ones that had sleep in Christ also followed very close behind him; these were the saints that God our Father had also brought after him. With Christ and the saints of God both coming out of their graves, we know that this had to be a great day for our Heavenly Father, the Lord God Jehovah himself. For hallowed be thy Holy Name, with the joy that then filled Heaven, for the joy of our Salvation had then been paid and had now been fulfilled.

Then we which remain, and after we face death here on earth, then and there we shall be caught up in the clouds to meet our Lord in the air. This was one of Christ’s first prophecies, given unto Paul that became the seed of God's own Gospel, the beginning of Christ’s New Kingdom. Which was first given unto the New Testament through Paul that we should face this great light in the sky, which shall then become the great judgment of Christ, at this wonderful light – at the end of this great tunnel.
These are the ones that find that has faced their near death experiences, this is the same as we also find in the same Book of 1-Tess.5:17-“Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
5:18-“Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Then we find in the Book of St. Matthew: 27:51-“And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;”
27:52-“And the graves were opened; and many of the bodies of the saints which slept arose,”
27:53-“And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”

With this all of the saints came out of their graves after Christ’s resurrection, and appeared unto many – in the Holy City. This did not say anything about the hundred and forty-four thousand coming out of Hades, but only that they came out of their graves. This is the same that my wife faced over thirty-one years ago, this voice did not tell her to turn back, but she went on to be with Christ.

God Bless you Herbert.