• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical evidence for evolution?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Genesis 4:1-15

synopsis: There are only two people on the Earth: Adam and Eve. They have two children named Cain and Abel. Cain kills Abel and as a punishment is cursed by God to wander the Earth. Cain is worried about being murdered by whoever finds him. Who is he afraid of? His parents? Certainly not. The only logical answer is an earlier form of man. like cro magnon or neanderthal.

1Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD2Again, she gave birth to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of flocks, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the LORD of the fruit of the ground. 4Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering; 5but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell. 6Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” 8Cain told Abel his brother. And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.
9Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” And he said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” 10He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood is crying to Me from the ground. 11“Now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12“When you cultivate the ground, it will no longer yield its strength to you; you will be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth.” 13Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is too great to bear! 14“Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden, and I will be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” 15So the LORD said to him, “Therefore whoever kills Cain, vengeance will be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD appointed a sign for Cain, so that no one finding him would slay him.

horizon_mj1

I would say that Cain feared the punishment of being deemed an outcast more than anything. Interesting fact, when this was translated into the Bible there were other "books" left out (The forgotten books of Eden to be exact) by the Catholic Church. In these books it explains how both Cain and Able had twin sisters and were betrothed to each other's twin. Cain wanted his own twin for himself and this was the more truthful reason for Cain killing Able (jealousy).

Man of Faith

It's logical that the Bible doesn't mention every person born to Adam and Eve, only the ones that God wanted us to know about to be recorded into his word. Not everybody in the world is mentioned in the Bible. However the Bible makes it clear in Romans 5:12 and other passages that sin came into the world through one man, Adam therefore death comes to all people. If there were people on earth that weren't descendants of Adam then the Bible is wrong and can't be the word of God.

In Genesis 4:3 it says that “in the course of time”, Cain’s offering was brought to the Lord, which tells us that many years could have passed and Adam and Eve could have had more children during that time.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
Genesis 4:1-15

synopsis: There are only two people on the Earth: Adam and Eve. They have two children named Cain and Abel. Cain kills Abel and as a punishment is cursed by God to wander the Earth. Cain is worried about being murdered by whoever finds him. Who is he afraid of? His parents? Certainly not. The only logical answer is an earlier form of man. like cro magnon or neanderthal.

Genesis 5:3-5

"When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died."

Assuming for the sake of discussion that the Adam and Eve story is true, it's also possible that Cain knew he would not be the last of Adam and Eve's children (especially if he was aware of god's command to "be fruitful and multiply") and was simply worried about one of his brothers or sisters, or their descendants, killing him.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The only logical answer is an earlier form of man. like cro magnon or neanderthal.
That is not the only logical answer (if it is even is that).

It is logical to conclude that this story is a myth, and taking it literally leads directly to these kind of absurdities.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
fantôme profane;2877886 said:
That is not the only logical answer (if it is even is that).

It is logical to conclude that this story is a myth, and taking it literally leads directly to these kind of absurdities.

I will agree that the question I pose is rather absurd and I can't see myself ever seriously supporting a belief in evolution through this scripture but I do find the question about who Cain is afraid of somewhat interesting. If you take the story in Genesis seriously, which I do as a Christian, the only people on the Earth would've been his parents and perhaps some brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews. They certainly would've had reason to be angry with Cain as he killed a close relative in Abel. I can't speak for the original Hebrew translation but the way the English translation reads, it sounds like Cain is afraid of whatever strangers he may come across, not people he probably would've known intimately. Even if you're a nonbeliever you can at least ponder the question. Obviously one can conclude that the story is a myth but what fun would that be.

Last edited:

horizon_mj1

Why is it that everything is taken so literal:rolleyes:? The story of Adam and Eve only dates back 700BC, could it possibly be that this story was included for more of a metaphorical basis? People continually forget that the King James Bible was translated by the Catholic Church. Several books which date back to the time of Christ's childhood were not included (although there are printed copies of the left out books) as well as the full version of the story of Adam and Eve; The Lost Books of Eden. The Secrets of Enoch (you know the one mentioned in the KJ version of the Bible being found worthy as a human to be accepted in the presence of God) give an elaborate detail of Heaven. Most Christian faiths lead you to believe that Hell is separate from Heaven, but the Secrets of Enoch explains it is a prison in Heaven. Oh, that's right, these things can't be considered, after all it was God Himself who translated the Bible and wrote every Word Himself, eh?