• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden's Mismanagement Of Israel Is A Gift To Trump

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
We will see how many of us there are.
Humanism is a philosophical stance that emphasizes the individual and social potential, and agency of human beings, whom it considers the starting point for serious moral and philosophical inquiry.
I am not understanding the context of your reply. I know what humanism is. Obviously humanists are not a majority in the US.

Pogo

I am not understanding the context of your reply. I know what humanism is. Obviously humanists are not a majority in the US.
It is going to come down to how many Magats will realize more of their humanity

F1fan

Veteran Member
If the protesters think letting Trump win will help their cause then they are truly delusional. That is the trap of idealism, it never works in reality. Got to understand the big picture, and realize no one gets everything they want.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Realize that his decisions should be what is good for this country, no what will keep him in power.
So what decisions do you think those are, or should be? And what do you think is preventing him from making them?

Don't get me wrong, I myself believe that on this, Biden is now dead wrong. I think that he should stop funding Israel this instant, and withhold any more funding until Israel gets into Gaza and starts feeding the starving and rebuilding. But I think that there is some strange religious reason that he can't bring himself to do that -- a reason I don't understand.

(I note that Bernie Sanders has now gone public with advice contrary to what Biden is doing -- and I'm certain that Bernie has Biden's ear. Just as I'm certain that on this issue, Biden isn't listening to anyone, including Bernie.)

Pogo

So what decisions do you think those are, or should be? And what do you think is preventing him from making them?

Don't get me wrong, I myself believe that on this, Biden is now dead wrong. I think that he should stop funding Israel this instant, and withhold any more funding until Israel gets into Gaza and starts feeding the starving and rebuilding. But I think that there is some strange religious reason that he can't bring himself to do that -- a reason I don't understand.

(I note that Bernie Sanders has now gone public with advice contrary to what Biden is doing -- and I'm certain that Bernie has Biden's ear. Just as I'm certain that on this issue, Biden isn't listening to anyone, including Bernie.)
Interesting, the protests are beginning to have their desired effect on raising the question of whether our support of Israel is what we should be doing and even the "media" and all of it has been poor in its understanding is beginning to realize this is not about antisemitism even is there are a few losers in the crowd.
Maybe if a few more Missouri Frats attack a few more Jewish peace organizations the message can get through.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In 2020, Biden's lead in MI was strong enuf that I
could afford to vote Libertarian, without risking
a Trump win. Genocide Joe has wasted that lead.
I am surprised to see you make that statement -- although I understand it completely. I, too, like to vote my heart, so when I had to vote against the Ontario Liberals in 2018, and they were ousted, it was hard. But it was also necessary. A time-out was overdue for them, and the party needed to clean itself up.

But I also note the phrase "risking a Trump win." That is my great fear, and it is much, much more fearful to me than 2018.

The present court cases against Trump, and the election to come, suggests to me that something existential is at stake. The court cases, including SCOTUS doing him the honor of even hearing his audacious and obscene claim of absolute immunity, tell me that even the legal system in the US is now on trial. If it can not convict him, if he can beat these raps along with all the other he has beaten in his long career, it will be a defeat not just for federal and state prosecutors, but for the rule of law itself.

And because he has told everybody, in so many words, what he will do as President if he wins again (including using the justice system itself to punish his "enemies"), then I say "God help you all."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news....
Biden condemns anti-semitism.
Remains silent on Israel's genocide of Palestinians.
Continues personal effort to support it financially &
militarily. Also silent on islamophobia.
His gift to Trump keeps on giving.
Excerpted...
Since Oct. 7, Israeli military operations have killed more than 34,000 people in Gaza and injured more than 78,000 others, according to the Hamas-run Gaza Ministry of Health.