• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bisexuality Confirmed!

E. Nato Difficile

Well, marriage is a sacrament in the catholic church. Homosexuals can not get married in the church.

Only thing homosexuals are missing out on are the covenant of marriage.
Um, right. Because the Church excludes them from the covenant. That's discrimination.

And women can't be ordained priests, last time I checked. Discrimination? Yep.

-Nato

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

No. Your church encourages it's members to vote against
the legal marriage rights
of homosexuals, having nothing at all to do with your sacramental marriages.

Deny whoever you want whatever you want in your church,
but keep your bigotry to yourselves.
All American citizens deserve equality of legal rights.
People can CHOOSE to be members of your church or not.
They can not as easily pick up and leave the country
and go somewhere they are not discriminated against.

Keep your religious doctrines to yourselves.
Sorry you feel that way. But I am a supporter of marriage and the holiness of marriage. That is why I am against homosexual marriage.

Religion is widespread, and you will never get rid of it.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Um, right. Because the Church excludes them from the covenant. That's discrimination.

And women can't be ordained priests, last time I checked. Discrimination? Yep.

-Nato
LOL there is no discrimination, espcially with women being ordained as priests. But that is off topic, I would love to discuss that though and show you why they can not. Create another topic

blackout

Violet.
Sorry you feel that way. But I am a supporter of marriage and the holiness of marriage. That is why I am against homosexual marriage.

No, you are a supporter of denying Americans their equal rights under secular law.

Secular law is above religious law, and you will never change that.

The population at large will always develop beyond it's archaic sects.
It's only a matter of time.

blackout

Violet.
I guess then we will just have to wait

That's very nice of you.

Apparently you take pride in being a thorn in the side of people
who are just trying to live their lives happily.

The christian version of love is often a pale counterfeit.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

That's very nice of you.

Apparently you take pride in being a thorn in the side of people
who are just trying to live their lives happily.

The christian version of love is often a pale counterfeit.
That is your take on it. Good thing about America is everyone is allowed to believe what they want.

Love and charity does not extend to politics. Just because I may be not support gay marriage does not mean I am a bad person. I have no pride in "being a thorn in the side of people". I am just sticking up for something you are against. That is not my problem.

Remember you say Catholic or Christian version of love is a pale counterfeit. Especially when Catholic Charities does much for people of any color, sexual persuasion or creed.

blackout

Violet.
That is your take on it. Good thing about America is everyone is allowed to believe what they want.

Love and charity does not extend to politics. Just because I may be not support gay marriage does not mean I am a bad person. I have no pride in "being a thorn in the side of people". I am just sticking up for something you are against. That is not my problem.

Remember you say Catholic or Christian version of love is a pale counterfeit. Especially when Catholic Charities does much for people of any color, sexual persuasion or creed.

Participation in charities
does not absolve people from their bigotry.

If sticking up for something equates sticking thorns in the sides of people
who have nothing at all to do with you
I'd think twice.

You live in a country that protects freedom, equality, and the pursuit of happiness for all. If you don't like that, move.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Participation in charities
does not absolve people from their bigotry.

If sticking up for something equates sticking thorns in the sides of people
who have nothing at all to do with you
I'd think twice.

You live in a country that protects freedom, equality, and the pursuit of happiness for all. If you don't like that, move.
And I and everyone else who votes against gay marriage, have the right to do so. If you do not like it, you can move.

See how easy that is to turn around? lol

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Anything, such as primitive superstition, that impedes upon rights, freedom, equality and justice has no place in the modern world.

waitasec

Veteran Member

so in other words you use your religious belief to justify bigotry and discrimination.
why don't you read up on luke 6 and let god to the deciding...who do you think you are to even consider you have the right to keep people from enjoying the same rights heterosexuals have? it's none of your business, and basically you just admitted you have the right to put your nose where it doesn't belong.

waitasec

Veteran Member

:facepalm:
apparently you are not capable of understanding that if you condone the infringement of some ones inalienable rights, your rights are subjected to other people too...
it's self defeating...unless you like to be told what your rights are....

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
And I and everyone else who votes against gay marriage, have the right to do so. If you do not like it, you can move.

See how easy that is to turn around? lol

..... and its using religion as an excuse to be horribly abusive of your rights by denying others rights.

I can't wait for the day when gay people get to vote on the rights of the religious. I have my popcorn set up already to see the repulsive hypocrisy of the faithful :)

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Most pro-gay people tend to make a rather weak argument for same-sex marriage, in my honest opinion. The argument is typically rooted in social liberalism: homosexuals should be allowed (have the freedom) to do what they want, because we must treat all people the same (we must give them autonomy). It is this sort of thinking which leads to the conservative notion of the slippery slope. I am staunchly pro-gay and pro same-sex marriage, but I am decidedly against the freedom of consenting adults to engage in incest, and I am against plural marriages.

Same-sex marriage should rather be instituted on the basis of social progressive principles. Same-sex marriage should be supported, not because it grants people freedom or creates equality for equalities sake, but because it is a social good. Same-sex marriage creates positive good for people with a homosexual orientation (cementing in the public discourse a commitment to commitment), as psychology proves homosexuality is a positive variance of sexuality. Feminism teaches us that gender differences are mostly superficial and from this assertion (and psychological evidence) we can surmise that same-sex marriage is equal to different-sex marriage, and thus deserves equal status. "Equality to the equal, inequality to the unequal." Incestuous relationships are unequal to non-incestuous relationships and thus should not be treated as equal under the law.

I hope the above makes sense. The difference between social liberalism and social progressivism is subtle, but it is important, because I detest liberalism and I get ****** off when people label me a liberal. I always have a hard time explaining the difference. :shrug:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Most pro-gay people tend to make a rather weak argument for same-sex marriage, in my honest opinion. The argument is typically rooted in social liberalism: homosexuals should be allowed (have the freedom) to do what they want, because we must treat all people the same (we must give them autonomy). It is this sort of thinking which leads to the conservative notion of the slippery slope. I am staunchly pro-gay and pro same-sex marriage, but I am decidedly against the freedom of consenting adults to engage in incest, and I am against plural marriages.
but you have to take into consideration these things you mentioned are innately deviant behavior because
incest leads to mutations of off spring (although i personally am not too acquainted with..i guess it happens more than what we think, but i also think when it happens it tends to occur with an abusive behavior, but again, i'm not too educated in that field)
plural marriages...leads to social unrest...jealousy and the like. and more likely to subject a certain gender. and if we are talking about open marriages then we also need to take into consideration of the fact that the way our society defines marriage is between 2 ppl.
i don't see how same sex marriages can compare to these things...:shrug:

Alceste

Vagabond
Your right.

My Church teaches that a homosexual, while we should still give them love and care and understanding, but still speak the truth. Which is celibacy. But its the same celibacy everyone is expected of. They to need to confess to such sexual sins, as we all do. Finding excuses for it and wasting money on silly little "research" and "study" will do not justice for the situation.

How does that jive with all the child molesting the priests of your religion are always getting up to? I don't see much repentance or confession going on. Getting them to even admit any wrongdoing is like pulling teeth.

Alceste

Vagabond
That was not looking down. That was just what I thought. Acting high and mighty would be more rude and not like me. Sorry if it came off that way. Its just my personal opinion.

LOL - "Sorry if I came off high and mighty, it's just that I honestly think I'm superior".