• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bisexuality Confirmed!

Alceste

Vagabond
Sorry you feel that way. But I am a supporter of marriage and the holiness of marriage. That is why I am against homosexual marriage.

Religion is widespread, and you will never get rid of it.

_49095198_coe_and_cath_attend_464gr.gif

Oh, yes we will.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
How does that jive with all the child molesting the priests of your religion are always getting up to? I don't see much repentance or confession going on. Getting them to even admit any wrongdoing is like pulling teeth.

Thats not even an argument, but an off-topic insult. Seems you lack the ability to argue a point.

Me Myself

Back to my username
_49095198_coe_and_cath_attend_464gr.gif

Oh, yes we will.

Hermes is still worshipped today :p

I am surprised that you actually think religion can just disappear. For starters humans are naturally inclined to animism, then, just not going to church doesn´t beleive they seized to be religious, that is one of number of factors that influence the actual going to church.

To say atheism is rising doesn´t imply it will reach 100% :p

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
so in other words you use your religious belief to justify bigotry and discrimination.
why don't you read up on luke 6 and let god to the deciding...who do you think you are to even consider you have the right to keep people from enjoying the same rights heterosexuals have? it's none of your business, and basically you just admitted you have the right to put your nose where it doesn't belong.

Yes yes, and voting against affirmative action is discrimination and bigotry. Same as voting against anything else that denies a group of people their "rights" like smoking crack and using their race.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
:facepalm:
apparently you are not capable of understanding that if you condone the infringement of some ones inalienable rights, your rights are subjected to other people too...
it's self defeating...unless you like to be told what your rights are....
Marriage is not an "inalienable right"

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I don't even get why homosexuals want to get married. Especially when marriage is religious based, and many homosexuals on this board rail against religion

Me Myself

Back to my username
I don't even get why homosexuals want to get married. Especially when marriage is religious based, and many homosexuals on this board rail against religion

You have so many wrong assumptions is hard to know where to start:

1-Not all want to get married, but most do want their right to do so acknowledged.

2-Marriage trascends religion. If it didn´t then it wouldn´t be the case that different religions all over the world have marrieges. It is not just a religious doctrine, it is a simbolic union that can take shape in a lot of differenty kind of rituals which do not need to be religious.

3- Homosexuals on this board and the totality of homosexuals are two different quantities. For starters, religion (including catholic) has been admitedly wrong about a series of subjects(slavery, women, indulgences) which took them time(read: centuries) to rectify. I know more than one religious homosexual who feels that eventually religion will accept his way of loving, and thus follows the church almost in everything else. Heck, even homosexuals so religious that would put most heterosexual beleivers to shame.

Alceste

Vagabond
Hermes is still worshipped today :p

I am surprised that you actually think religion can just disappear. For starters humans are naturally inclined to animism, then, just not going to church doesn´t beleive they seized to be religious, that is one of number of factors that influence the actual going to church.

To say atheism is rising doesn´t imply it will reach 100% :p

I think your religion will disappear, just as Zeus disappeared. Superstition won't disappear and homosexuality won't either, but one day soon superstition will have find a way to integrate the fact of homosexuality.

Acim

Revelation all the time
And one day homosexuality and heterosexuality will have to integrate the fact of bisexuality.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think your religion will disappear, just as Zeus disappeared. Superstition won't disappear and homosexuality won't either, but one day soon superstition will have find a way to integrate the fact of homosexuality.

My religion?? have you even checked my "Religion" just above? xD I think you just confused me with someone else :rolleyes:

Alceste

Vagabond
My religion?? have you even checked my "Religion" just above? xD I think you just confused me with someone else :rolleyes:

Whoops. Sometimes I forget to look at the name and just assume whoever I was replying to is also replying to me. (The wine helps). Sorry about that. Hi, Me Myself!

Anyway, to rephrase that, I think Catholicism will eventually die off, because all religious mythologies thus far introduced by humanity (with the exception of the handful that presently cling to survival) have eventually died off. Homosexuality has outlived them all.

Would you agree?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes yes, and voting against affirmative action is discrimination and bigotry. Same as voting against anything else that denies a group of people their "rights" like smoking crack and using their race.

looks like you are grasping at straws to justify your inclination towards discrimination...

did you read luke 6? my guess is you didn't.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Whoops. Sometimes I forget to look at the name and just assume whoever I was replying to is also replying to me. (The wine helps). Sorry about that. Hi, Me Myself!

Anyway, to rephrase that, I think Catholicism will eventually die off, because all religious mythologies thus far introduced by humanity (with the exception of the handful that presently cling to survival) have eventually died off. Homosexuality has outlived them all.

Would you agree?

don´t know if it will die of, but if either christianity or homosexuality dies off, probably it would be christianity.

In any case we do need more homosexuals, they are the most peaceful solution to our demographical problems!!

waitasec

Veteran Member
don´t know if it will die of, but if either christianity or homosexuality dies off, probably it would be christianity.

In any case we do need more homosexuals, they are the most peaceful solution to our demographical problems!!

i agree...

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
but you have to take into consideration these things you mentioned are innately deviant behavior because
incest leads to mutations of off spring (although i personally am not too acquainted with..i guess it happens more than what we think, but i also think when it happens it tends to occur with an abusive behavior, but again, i'm not too educated in that field)
plural marriages...leads to social unrest...jealousy and the like. and more likely to subject a certain gender. and if we are talking about open marriages then we also need to take into consideration of the fact that the way our society defines marriage is between 2 ppl.
i don't see how same sex marriages can compare to these things...:shrug:

I am not entirely sure what you are disagreeing with. I agree that same-sex marriage is not equal to incest or plural marriage. What I essentially argued was about the way we should come to the conclusion that same-sex marriage should be instituted. It is much more reasonable, in my opinion, to set the terms of same-sex marriage in terms of a positive variance of sexuality (contrasting it with the deviant forms previously mentioned), rather than abstract notions of liberty and freedom.