• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bisexuality Confirmed!

waitasec

Veteran Member
I am not entirely sure what you are disagreeing with. I agree that same-sex marriage is not equal to incest or plural marriage. What I essentially argued was about the way we should come to the conclusion that same-sex marriage should be instituted. It is much more reasonable, in my opinion, to set the terms of same-sex marriage in terms of a positive variance of sexuality (contrasting it with the deviant forms previously mentioned), rather than abstract notions of liberty and freedom.

i misunderstood your post....
thank you for clarifying.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
and what type of heterosexuals do you have in mind?
really? looks to me you like being told what your rights are...

Marriage has to be approved.

And I know what my rights are. I have no need to make **** up and make everything a "right".

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
interesting, you didn't mention god
does the church trump god?
The church is gods instrument on earth.

BTW; why would you care what God says?
You go against him when you want to act like homosexual relations are not sinful.

you said:

what do you mean by making **** up?
the right to get married isn't making **** up, is it?
or were you implying something else?
I was talking about the way people make up "rights" such as the "right" to abortion. The "right" to do what you want. etc

waitasec

Veteran Member
The church is gods instrument on earth.
a very flawed instrument..godn't should trust mankind to do his work, wouldn't you say...? i mean you get people flying into buildings and christian parents killing their children...even committing horrific acts onto an innocent new born child who was apparently not born perfect with the foreskin on his penis...

BTW; why would you care what God says?
You go against him when you want to act like homosexual relations are not sinful.
because unlike you, i live in the here and now and
because people like you vote...all i'm trying to do is mirror your discriminatory tactics and hopefully tolerance would come about...
it's no wonder that
slavery
segregation
women's subjection to men were ideals supported by the christian fundamentalist...
but according to you that's making **** up... impressive.

I was talking about the way people make up "rights" such as the "right" to abortion. The "right" to do what you want. etc
don't tell me, you equate birth control as abortion, right?

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
a very flawed instrument..godn't should trust mankind to do his work, wouldn't you say...? i mean you get people flying into buildings and christian parents killing their children...even committing horrific acts onto an innocent new born child who was apparently not born perfect with the foreskin on his penis...

lol atheist get their children circumcised. Whats that even have to do with Catholic Church.

Sorry hunny, but you may have your religions mixed up a bit.

And Atheist do just as much horrific acts. Doesn't mean all do. Some people in the church do not live up to what they are suppose to and do commit horrible acts. Unless you can prove the Church teaches to kill children, then you have no argument.

Not to mention everything you listed has nothing to do with what is ment by saying the Church is the instrument of God.

because unlike you, i live in the here and now and
because people like you vote...all i'm trying to do is mirror your discriminatory tactics and hopefully tolerance would come about...
it's no wonder that
slavery
segregation
women's subjection to men were ideals supported by the christian fundamentalist...
but according to you that's making **** up... impressive.

don't tell me, you equate birth control as abortion, right?
lol Slavery and segregation has nothing in comparison to gay marriage. Womens subjection? Oh right, that was only a christian thing in the past lol. I guess you dont read history lol.

Your argument is a joke. And proves nothing.

TurkeyOnRye

Sorry, but no it doesn't. Hundreds if not thousands of couples marry every day without so much as thinking of your church.

Correction, Storm. Those people only think they were getting married, but because they are homosexuals, all they were doing was practicing sin. Afterall, marriage is an institution of GOD, and GOD said one man to one not-a-man.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Correction, Storm. Those people only think they were getting married, but because they are homosexuals, all they were doing was practicing sin. Afterall, marriage is an institution of GOD, and GOD said one man to one not-a-man.

I was thinking marriage is between a man and how ever many wives he chooses. The Bible so clearly supports polygamy.

waitasec

Veteran Member
lol atheist get their children circumcised. Whats that even have to do with Catholic Church.

Sorry hunny, but you may have your religions mixed up a bit.

And Atheist do just as much horrific acts. Doesn't mean all do. Some people in the church do not live up to what they are suppose to and do commit horrible acts. Unless you can prove the Church teaches to kill children, then you have no argument.

Not to mention everything you listed has nothing to do with what is ment by saying the Church is the instrument of God.

lol Slavery and segregation has nothing in comparison to gay marriage. Womens subjection? Oh right, that was only a christian thing in the past lol. I guess you dont read history lol.

Your argument is a joke. And proves nothing.
when one reverts to demeaning tactics one is to conclude you have nothing else to go on...

what is interesting is that you talk about god giving people free will and you get in the way of the free will of other people...that's not funny...not funny at all.
there have been plenty of people who have subjected to you discrimination and you think it's funny...

waitasec

Veteran Member

seems to me you need to read luke chapter 6 and brush up on a few things, captain

if you don't agree with same sex marriage don't marry someone of the same sex, seems pretty easy to me.
marriage has nothing to do with god.
it has to do with 2 people making a life long commitment...

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
seems to me you need to read luke chapter 6 and brush up on a few things, captain

if you don't agree with same sex marriage don't marry someone of the same sex, seems pretty easy to me.
marriage has nothing to do with god.
it has to do with 2 people making a life long commitment...

You keep mentioning Luke 6

Yet you do not mention where in the bible it says homosexuality is a sin.