• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blessed Fallfeast '24

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Blessed whatever Fall celebration you partake in!

Screenshot_20240922-195745.png

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I made spaghetti squash, but it felt like a bad omen in a way because it was partially rotted on the inside. It looks like an insect made its way inside the fruit as it was ripening and was eating away on the inside. I suppose in some ways that's just nature - our insect friends need their fill too - but I'd never seen that happen in squashes I've had before. Half of it was still good, so I ate that half. The other was for the insect friends I guess? Indigenous thinking accepts that not all the gifts of the Earth - including the harvest -are for us. They are for everyone who needs them, given freely.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I made spaghetti squash, but it felt like a bad omen in a way because it was partially rotted on the inside. It looks like an insect made its way inside the fruit as it was ripening and was eating away on the inside. I suppose in some ways that's just nature - our insect friends need their fill too - but I'd never seen that happen in squashes I've had before. Half of it was still good, so I ate that half. The other was for the insect friends I guess? Indigenous thinking accepts that not all the gifts of the Earth - including the harvest -are for us. They are for everyone who needs them, given freely.

That's a very good lesson to remember this time of year. Gratitude is important. As is remembering to share our gifts with all in need.

What did you make with your portion of the spaghetti squash?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a very good lesson to remember this time of year. Gratitude is important. As is remembering to share our gifts with all in need.

What did you make with your portion of the spaghetti squash?
Just the usual - cook it up, fork it into a bowl, add some butter, some seasoning salt, and some grated parmesan. I was out of the parmesan and had to make a trip to get more. Ever since having proper parmesan I can't stand the... I'm not sure what that is that they serve unrefrigerated on typical grocery store shelves but about half of what's in there is "anti-caking" agent (aka, cardboard) lol.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Just the usual - cook it up, fork it into a bowl, add some butter, some seasoning salt, and some grated parmesan. I was out of the parmesan and had to make a trip to get more. Ever since having proper parmesan I can't stand the... I'm not sure what that is that they serve unrefrigerated on typical grocery store shelves but about half of what's in there is "anti-caking" agent (aka, cardboard) lol.

Sounds pretty good, and easy to make :D. But yeah... That. Powdered canned stuff I don't use very often. It's is mostly cardboard lol. On the topic of fake cheese, I don't do American or the Canned spray stuff either.

I made a pretty big spread for Mabon. brown Sugar ham with Maple glazed carrots and Parsnips. And a Pumpkin Soup. First time I made the soup, I need to make it thinner next time. It was more puree, but made a great dip for the other items.