• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Marshall Attacks Virginia Families Again

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Delegate Bob Marshall Attacks Virginia Families Again
Having failed to convince his colleagues in the General Assembly to ban gay and lesbian adoption by co-patroning Del. Black’s adoption bill last year, Del. Bob Marshall (R-Manassas) now proposes to ensure that child bearing is limited to women who are married.

He's introduced a bill, HB 187, that would prohibit doctors and other licensed health professionals from assisting unmarried women with becoming pregnant. This would preclude lesbian couples from becoming a family through artifical insemination, gay couples from becoming a family through surrogacy, unless the surrogate was married, and would even prevent a widow from being inseminated with her dead husband's sperm or their embryos.

This is another direct attack on all families in Virginia. Please help us send a message to Del. Marshall today.

Click here to send a free email to Del. Marshall urging him to withdraw this misguided bill.

Read the full text of the bill, HB 187.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately, he probably couldn't care less about opinions from outside his voting district.

robtex

Veteran Member
Dig deep enough and there is a church or group of churches linked to this. Those churches a congregation that pays money to hear about the mircle of Jesus. Of that population of the church or churches a large percentage of the followers do not know no nor agree with the policies of Bob Marshall. Find the church, expose the use of funds and the connection to Marshall hurt the congregations cash flow and hurt funds for Bob marshall and his mission from God.

linwood

robtex said:
Dig deep enough and there is a church or group of churches linked to this. Those churches a congregation that pays money to hear about the mircle of Jesus. Of that population of the church or churches a large percentage of the followers do not know no nor agree with the policies of Bob Marshall. Find the church, expose the use of funds and the connection to Marshall hurt the congregations cash flow and hurt funds for Bob marshall and his mission from God.
You`ve learned so quickly Robtex.

I`m proud of ya!!

robtex

Veteran Member
linwood said:
You`ve learned so quickly Robtex.
I`m proud of ya!!
I learmed much or most of what I know from you and the Sarasota absince project. I even been to your website. You are a good teacher.

Oh and btw Marshall is Catholic. He is a member of the knights of Colombus and All saints catholic church

http://dela.state.va.us/dela/MemBios.nsf/0/f81df381468f96ee85256f7e00694fa5?OpenDocument&Click=85256823005F1997.f3ec5270fd6ab58e85256b06006d8aec/$ViewMapLayout/0.225E

A

angellous_evangellous

michel said:
Delegate Bob Marshall Attacks Virginia Families Again

Having failed to convince his colleagues in the General Assembly to ban gay and lesbian adoption by co-patroning Del. Black’s adoption bill last year, Del. Bob Marshall (R-Manassas) now proposes to ensure that child bearing is limited to women who are married.

He's introduced a bill, HB 187, that would prohibit doctors and other licensed health professionals from assisting unmarried women with becoming pregnant. This would preclude lesbian couples from becoming a family through artifical insemination, gay couples from becoming a family through surrogacy, unless the surrogate was married, and would even prevent a widow from being inseminated with her dead husband's sperm or their embryos.

This is another direct attack on all families in Virginia. Please help us send a message to Del. Marshall today.

Click here to send a free email to Del. Marshall urging him to withdraw this misguided bill.

Read the full text of the bill, HB 187.
Denying healthcare to people is unpardonable. Human rights activists should be dropping nuclear bombs on this guy's head.

A

angellous_evangellous

robtex

Veteran Member
angellous_evangellous said:
Denying healthcare to people is unpardonable. Human rights activists should be dropping nuclear bombs on this guy's head.

Or drop emails on message boards to the cathcolic church he attends and drop by to in their religious political campaign. :p

linwood

angellous_evangellous said:
Huh? Linwood has a website. :eek:

Please share...
That sites no longer online as the cause isn`t relevant to my community anymore AE.
I`ve still got the sites html in case I need to upload it for the next cause that comes along.

It was a run down of the forces in my city that were pushing an abstinence only curriculum in our schools.
Once people found out who financed and insinuated it the curriculum was dropped in a compromise with our overly fundamentalist school board.

There is ALWAYS a group, or in cases like this OP a church behind it.

linwood

As to the OP.
Rob is right, find the money and influence behind it and let the public know.

It will run it`s own course from there.

robtex

Veteran Member
linwood said:
That sites no longer online as the cause isn`t relevant to my community anymore AE.
oh heck....how funny. I went to your site like a month ago..or mabye 6 weeks ago.

linwood

robtex said:
oh heck....how funny. I went to your site like a month ago..or mabye 6 weeks ago.
It`s only been down a week or two, I let the domain run out.

:bonk:

Edit:
Those school board members are up for re-election this year.
I`m re-focusing my efforts to get them out of office.

Just haven`t figured out exactly how to go about it as of yet...but I will!!

:)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
And it continues:

Gay Families Under Attack in General Assembly: Conception and Adoption Targeted

(Richmond, January 13th) -- Having failed to convince his colleagues in the General Assembly to ban gay and lesbian adoption by co-patroning last year's anti-gay adoption bill, Del. Bob Marshall (R-Manassas) has now proposed a law to limit childbearing to married women.

Marshall's new bill (House Bill 187) would prohibit doctors and other licensed health professionals from assisting unmarried women with becoming pregnant. This law would preclude lesbian couples from conceiving through artificial insemination; it would prevent gay men from conceiving through unmarried surrogate mothers. It is a direct attack on Virginia's families.

Yet another bill (Senate Bill 414), patroned by Emmett Hanger, Jr (R-Mt. Solon), would prohibit both parties of a same-sex couple from being listed on a Virginia birth certificate following the adoption of a child in another jurisdiction. In 2005, the Virginia Supreme Court ruled that the names of both adoptive parents could be listed.

I urge all Virginian's who find this measures discriminatory to take action against them.
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
[/font]