• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boobs: A good thing or menace?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
They're menacing. I'm all at once terrified of them and mesmerized by them. Makes my existence a living hell since....oh crap....my breasts keep distracting me from being a productive citizen.

Crap...there's a woman on tv who has breasts.

Crap...I'm thinking about breasts.

Why, God? WHY?????

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One important question to ask is why are there two. Why that number? This is one of the questions that early sci-fi writers tried and failed to answer.
If there were only one, females would be unbalanced.
Why not put a single one in the center, you ask?
That would look ridiculous!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
They can be a menace. My sister and my nieces find them to be a menace. My sister is tiny- about 5'1", yet men found a way to look at her chest instead of her face. ;)

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If there were only one, females would be unbalanced.
Still doesn't answer the question. Dogs balance their heads with a tail. They don't grow an extra head. Obviously women could be balanced in other ways, so your post is really just avoiding the question of why there are two.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Still doesn't answer the question. Dogs balance their heads with a tail. They don't grow an extra head. Obviously women could be balanced in other ways, so your post is really just avoiding the question of why there are two.
Bilateral symmetry is how boobs are balanced.
A dog's head is not balanced by the tail.
But Cerberus did grow an extra head, & then another!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If they're so balanced then why are they both in front? Balance would put equal numbers front and back.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they're so balanced then why are they both in front? Balance would put equal numbers front and back.
Easy! The booty in the back balances the boobs in the front.
However, a great biology theoretician (Al Bundy) proposed that a 3rd boob exist on the woman's back....for dancing.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thana said:
Boobs are great! Until they get squished, Or someone hits you in the boobs.
You'd be suprised how much it hurts :areyoucra
I'm sorry to hear that. They should be painless and resilient in my opinion -- like in the comic books.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Al Bundy's show? I understand why you watched it. You're a reality TV person, aren't you?
Contrary to popular belief, Married With Children was not a reality show, but
rather a modern interpretation of Shakespeare's The Taming Of The Shrew.
That's why it was so classy.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Its more like Return of the Jedi, when the princess strangles Jabba the Hut. It also reminds me of Spaceballs, when Barf is in the diner or when the princess gets shot in the hair. That movie is so deep!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I actually think the business took the most legal option available, but she should be compensated financially for it to be fair. Arranging equivalent employment would also be acceptable compensation or a combination of the two. It was better than actual sexual harassment or fostering a sexually tense work environment.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I actually think the business took the most legal option available, but she should be compensated financially for it to be fair. Arranging equivalent employment would also be acceptable compensation or a combination of the two. It was better than actual sexual harassment or fostering a sexually tense work environment.
Why did they hire her at all then, if not to harass her? The harassment by her employer began immediately upon her hire. :confused:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Crossfire said:
Why did they hire her at all then, if not to harass her? The harassment by her employer began immediately upon her hire. :confused:
I've only read the article, so I don't have her case details. Is she being fired because she's a woman and because she's not Jewish? Is she being fired because the company could not find a reasonable alternative? Maybe they offered her alternatives that she turned down. Maybe there are aspects to the story that we haven't been told about. Maybe the hiring manager was not careful to select or did not advise her properly. Financial compensation or alternative employment both seem like appropriate actions.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously though, I have actually done a lot of thinking about the plight of women in the workplace and have come up with a very good solution. I believe that within the next 10 years it should be technically feasible for women to temporarily remove their breasts during workhours, and businesses could have a kind of boob-bank where they could cryogenically and safely store their boobs during the day.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I've only read the article, so I don't have her case details. Is she being fired because she's a woman and because she's not Jewish?
She is Jewish.
Is she being fired because the company could not find a reasonable alternative? Maybe they offered her alternatives that she turned down.
She did turn down their demand that she tape down her breasts.
Maybe there are aspects to the story that we haven't been told about. Maybe the hiring manager was not careful to select or did not advise her properly. Financial compensation or alternative employment both seem like appropriate actions.
I think she lasted a total of five days there. On the fifth day, after all of the harassment she got in the first four days, her employer told her to go out and buy a sweater that went down to her ankles, then called her on her phone to fire her when she went out to do what they told her to do.

Personally, I think they hired her just so they could harass her, after reading all of the news articles I could find about it when it happened last year. That's just my opinion, however. The only other way I could see it is that her boobs really did make them stupid when they hired her. :facepalm:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Seattlegal said:
Personally, I think they hired her just so they could harass her, after reading all of the news articles I could find about it when it happened last year. That's just my opinion, however. The only other way I could see it is that her boobs really did make them stupid when they hired her. :facepalm:
I think you are right. You clarified the problem very well. It will be a great day for women when my boob-bank plan is finally implemented.